Urgg...new Metallica

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
I dread starting a thread about Metallica because it seems that everytime someone does it goes for 3 or 4 pages when this is an Anthrax forum (a band I actually like), but I heard today Rick Rubin is producing their next album. Will he allow them to put out shit under his name? I can't imagine that, I would think that Rick would force them to be good. I really don't follow Metallica but hasn't Bob Rock done everything since the black album? Maybe he ruined them and Rick will fix it, who knows. Anthrax will always be better though:headbang:

Considering the mods -admin (Fixxxer?) have decided to close membership in the 'Tallica forum, you might as well start a thread here. At least Kirk respects da 'Thrax...

I still hold out a lot of hope that Metallica will still come out with another killer record.

Currently in my car stereo is And Justice For All, which I haven't listened to in years and years, and fuck it's great!

The first time you hear a new original track with a Kirk special ear-torching guitar lead, then you'll know Metallica is closer to being back in form...:headbang:

Bob killed Metallica but Rick seems to get the best out of people. Not a big fan of St.Anger, a few good ideas but over all it was pretty poor with terrible production.

I heard other people over at RacerXband.com who were members at the Metallica site that it was due to an excess of flamers, boars, and trolls that the membership registration was closed. I still think you could have a process of selecting new members, maybe by e-mail, or checking thier record on other forums etc., like some other sites do, one being a KingsX forum I go to, rather than just closing it altogether.

I hope this is true. Rick Rubin might be able to pull a decent album out of Metallica. Bob Rock is a good producer, but I feel he's run his course with Metallica and they need to change things up a bit.
Although, to be fair to Bob Rock, I don't think ANYONE could have saved St. Anger with all of the problems the band was going through! I thought it wasn't TOO bad, just inconsistant, and the drum sound was terrible.

Metallica is dead to me.
I will, however, download their next album for free though. FUCK YOU LARS!!!:heh:

I heard other people over at RacerXband.com who were members at the Metallica site that it was due to an excess of flamers, boars, and trolls that the membership registration was closed. I still think you could have a process of selecting new members, maybe by e-mail, or checking thier record on other forums etc., like some other sites do, one being a KingsX forum I go to, rather than just closing it altogether.

Closing their board because people critcize them just shows how self-absorbed Metallica has become. Cunts about sums it up.

Closing their board because people critcize them just shows how self-absorbed Metallica has become. Cunts about sums it up.

I agree, closing down the board is a bit much, but it's not too far off from the mods on this board deleting posts of the same nature, I'd say that Anthrax is right up there with Metallica.

I agree, closing down the board is a bit much, but it's not too far off from the mods on this board deleting posts of the same nature, I'd say that Anthrax is right up there with Metallica.

I think some of those threads were deleted because you really don't need 57 threads about how one singer is better than the other! For the most part though, I think they've been faily lienient towards negative posters.

Hell Yes Anthrax Is up there with Metallica

If u want Click on the link on my sig and tell the guys there

They dont put anthrax up there with Metallica but they but Iced earth up there

Anthrax still rules whether some "popularity" poll says they do or not. Will check out your link though...

Metallica is dead to me.
I will, however, download their next album for free though. FUCK YOU LARS!!!:heh:

same here, they won't get any money from me.

Did you see them on the touring for st. anger when they brought back alot of the pre justice songs? it sounds like a good idea until you imagine Jame's current crooning singing style on those old songs and they just sucked the wind out of any energy I was feeling for the classic songs.

anthrax had always kept it metal..even when grunge was around..anthrax had always stayed thrashed metal...and IRON MAIDEN had always stayed metal....metallica was thrashed metal at one time..

same here, they won't get any money from me.

Did you see them on the touring for st. anger when they brought back alot of the pre justice songs? it sounds like a good idea until you imagine Jame's current crooning singing style on those old songs and they just sucked the wind out of any energy I was feeling for the classic songs.

I saw the St. Anger tour too and it sucked so bad. The classics didn't sound classical at all. I wish Anthrax would grow some balls and shit talk them. They've shit talked everything else in the past. Not that Anthrax would want to tour with them now, but at least in the mid 90's they should have toured together. Give Bushthrax some support. Always the same reason: business side of things won't allow it. I just don't understand how a band that has so much control over everything band related wouldn't have the power to take whoever the fuck they want out on the road.

I remember one tour when Corrosion of Conformity opened for Metallica. I remember thinking to myself that Anthrax had the same, if not more popularity than Anthrax at that time. So, business side of things would have been no excuse then.