Horrendous tape is out!

Melodeath

Moonbow
Feb 6, 2004
Northern VA
I haven't posted in GMD in a while, but at least some of you will recognize me and know I'm in the band Horrendous. We're a three-piece band playing Swedish-influenced old school death metal. Anyway, I'm really proud to announce that not only did we sign with Skeleton Plague Records and Dark Descent Records a few months ago, but this week saw our first official release...on cassette tape! For about a year we've had CDR copies available through myspace, so it's nice to finally have a release that's official.

It's a 5-song demo entitled Sweet Blasphemies, and it was all recorded, mixed, and mastered by myself here in my studio. You can hear some tracks at our myspace (http://www.myspace.com/horrendousdeathmetal).

FYI, Andy (VVVVV) drew our logo.

We'll have a few tapes for sale ourselves, but they are on sale for $5 from Dark Descent and Skeleton Plague. The tape will also be available at Blood Harvest, Detest Records, Iron Bonehead, Nuclear War Now, and others. It's limited to 200 copies on red cassettes.

I think the tape turned out looking awesome:
l_72ae50ff92864cd08252909c744d74a8.jpg

www.darkdescent.net
www.skeletonplaguerecords.com

There's two reviews up at www.metal-archives.com, and another can be found here: http://www.funeralrain.net/tag/sweet-blasphemies/

Hopefully this will interest some of you to check out our music. If you want a tape don't hesitate to ask me

Damian!

I am moving this to Self-Promotion but will leave a redirect in GMD because a LOT of GMDers would probably be interested in Horrendous.

Damian, Matt and Jamie have been working hard for a long time on writing killer old school death hymns, and this stuff is mastered by Damian himself, who has a lot of experience as a sound technician. As such, Horrendous' music sounds pretty spot on to the old Swedish sound; groovy, raunchy and heavy as all hell. Pretty much everyone with even remote interest in oldschool DM from Sweden or even elsewhere would at least appreciate, if not fucking LOVE this band. That is my two cents.

And yeah the logo was made by someone pretty cool.

Hi! Cory of Dark Descent Records here (I know you talked with Matt mostly), I look forward to working this release and promoting you guys as much as possible. Horrendous is great!