remixing my band's upcoming ep?

Yeah, I hear ya, but ideally the quality of your work should still attract you business (even if you charge more), and if it doesn't, then maybe all the people in your area are a bunch of cheap amateurs so you gotta move! My point though is that complaining about it and expecting someone to fix it isn't gonna help! (not referring to you specifically)

I agree 100%. I also commend and respect your position in this Moonlapse, every point you made was completely valid however I think there is no harm in the guy just asking if there is even an interest for someone to do it. Again though, I completely respect the fact that you said outloud what some were thinking in that you don't want to see people being taken advantage of. Just for my opinion, I don't think that really applies to this situation

Now, as someone else said ... throw up the waves to a song. I have a little free time so I might even be able to give this a shot :headbang:

And I in turn completely agree with you.

Yeah look I certainly don't want to ruin anybody's fun here or derail the thread entirely. If this is up your alley, mix away. I just felt like I needed to voice some concerns on the increasing frequency of these sorts of requests and how they seem to reflect on the perceived value of work we (as engineers) do. As harmless as the request and thread are, you need to understand that indulging these requests only serves to further harm the industry, in particular its newcomers, in the long run.

I feel for the kids who are doing this and need to support it with another job, like it's a hobby and not a profession. I think it's fair to ask that they at least receive something in return for their work. Whether it's a copy of AD, SSD 3, a few bucks per track, whatever. Of course nobody is entitled to that unless they ask, and as long as there are those who will work for free, there will be no entitlement...

Anyway, that's all. I leave this thread back to you guys. Have a ball with the mixes.

I hear ya dude, you're definitely not talking shit, It's all great and valid, and is an opinion that is shared widely, I'm sure, and was put across better than most could. You rock dude :headbang:

So our drummer is going to get all the files (something like 20 gb!) soon, what I'm wondering is what files do I need to post? Do I post protools files, the wav for each song or what? I've never gotten tracks from the studio other than the final wav file for each song so I wouldn't really know where to start.

So our drummer is going to get all the files (something like 20 gb!) soon, what I'm wondering is what files do I need to post? Do I post protools files, the wav for each song or what? I've never gotten tracks from the studio other than the final wav file for each song so I wouldn't really know where to start.

I suggest that you make like a 30-90 second long clip of one song (for example a verse and chorus and possibly some third part) and then let people post their versions and choose the best sounding one.

First, pick a single track that showcases as many facets of your band as possible. Your most 'diverse', I suppose.

Then get your drummer to consolidate all the ProTools audio regions for that song into wave files that start at the same point. This way anybody here can import those wave files into their respective audio workstations and all the track will line up without any time alignment issues.

If your drummer has issues with it, tell him to select from the very start of the song using the selection tool (F7), across every track. Then press Alt+Shift+3. Now, as all the files are consolidated, he can go into the audio subfolder of whether the session is stored, sort by size, find all the consolidated files for that track, zip em up, upload, and let one of these fine folks go at it.