Looking for someone to remix my bands album...

The vocals are fine, the only thing I really want to change is the drums, and then probably altering the guitars and bass a bit to sit with the new drum sound. If I get the Protools session, will the vocals sound the same when you guys mix them down it individual tracks? I'm worried about people not having the same plugins we used, etc. I'll still try and get our engineer to mix down the separate tracks for me and save everyone some effort as that would correct this problem, but if he is going to give me a hard time about it I just want to make sure the vocals are still going to sound the same...

If you want someone here to do the mix your engineer shouldn't print any plugins at all!
just consolidate and export the single raw tracks.

let the mixing engineet decide what plugins to use ;)

I'm all for getting someone to do the whole mix from scratch if they think they can get the vocals to sound better as well as everything else, but it's a time/money issue. We're satisfied with the vocals, so I wouldn't want to waste anyones time getting them to fix something we already like you know what I mean? If someone was eager to do it from scratch and really wanted to, of course I have no problem with that at all! I was just thinking in the interest of everyone here who's offered to help, it would save a lot of your guys time and effort to not have to worry about vocals at all.

If someone is going to charge me the same price to mix the album while leaving the vocals intact as is as they would to mix the album from scratch and do the vocals themselves, that's great, but we've spent a ton of money getting the sound we have already so if it would be more cost effective for us to just have someone concentrate on the drums and some guitar and bass tweaks, then that is probably in our best interest of course. I don't mind paying good money to get the album remixed of course! It's just unnecessary spending I'm concerned about, hopefully you guys understand what I'm saying.

man if i were you i would just put all the raw wav files up and let us all have a go at it and then just choose the one thats best. i could use some practice. and if your gonna have someone mix it you should have them do all of it including vocals because if you change the guitars and drums the vocals may not sit well with the new mix.

I'd have a go at mixing the drums, this is really not that uncommon, although it introduces some additional difficulties when you put the complete mix together again (who would do this, your original engineer?). I'd like to have at least the bass lines or the complete mix-downs to listen to in parallel. Or, I'd make a "blind" quick-shot of just one track first and then you can decide whether it's workable or not.

Yeah the idea is to give everyone everything that we had before the mix was made so you could mix it yourself from scratch, and either leave the vocals as is, or redo them, whatever it's up to you! I'm going to get the files as soon as possible and I'll upload at least one track for you guys to mess around with and we'll go from there... Thanks a lot guys, you guys rule!

LETS GO :headbang:

been like 5 days now I'm a little worried. Hope you can still post these songs i know everyone is really excited to mix these......

No worries I'm still posting the files! I'm just waiting on the engineer, his room mate moved out and he shared the studio with him so he took all his gear, so MY engineer needs to dig out the rest of his gear and put his shit back together, plus he was gone on tour all last week with his band. I've been gone all weekend too so hopefully I can get it early this week...

I have time open until November. After that I'm booked until May, and at the end of May I'm getting married and won't be able to take on work until mid-June/early July.