So my band is gonna record our EP and I'm not comfortable...

TheIllicitOne

Ik ben lekker...
Feb 21, 2006
los angeles
Well, the 10 song EP is written now. We're gonna be recording it when I get home from Europe and god I can't fucking wait. Anyways we're gonna be tracking it ourselves. I've done hours and hours of research and practicing on how to get decent source tones. What I'm not comfortable with however is the fact that I don't think I can mix very well yet. So here's what it boils down to: I AM NOT COMFORTABLE MIXING THE 10 SONG EP AND MIGHT BE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY TO DO IT.

The tracking should be finished by late September/early october and I would need the mix at the very latest by mid to late november. Preferrably mastered/psuedomastered and made loud as well. It would be a paying gig but we are on a budget. Reply if you're interested.

So here are the details.

For Vox: Micing with the trusty at4050 and maybe a 58...
Guitars: Capturing DI and mic'd cab (mic configuration has yet to be selected)
Bass: Also capturing DI and mic'd cab (again haven't selected a mic)
Drums: This is the big one. It will be my first time recording a real kit but I have enough inputs and the drummer is going to buy any extra mics we need. He's really solid so not much editing would be needed and I would do most of the editing before you get the tracks.

You can hear a demo version from a long time ago of one of the tracks without bass, with fake drums, impulses, and a shitty mix here. The song is called "Become The Ghost." Everything on the album will have pretty similar intensity if not more. Please pay no attention to the other track.

Anyways if you're interested shoot me a private message or respond here.

Thanks for your time,

Jerry S.

-Only Revolutions

Lol, all I can hear in the sample song is vocals and some guitars and cymbals ><

Some things... for the drums, make sure you have a fairly good room, if possible. And if you're not solid on your mic'ing, take some samples so we can blend them in if theres too much bleed or whatever. Vocals you should probably stick to just 1 microphone, otherwise you're gonna introduce a whole bunch of other stuff.

Post a sample track here when you're done and you'll get a lot of responses, then pick your fav and pay him/(her?!?!!) for the whole album.