Visigoth being released by Swords & Chains Records

Well, someone better be bringing it up!!!! :)

Ok, you might be taking a lot of punches, since Mike and Chris don't post here. I want to see the fest do well just like everyone else.
That's why I post about it on other forums.

yes...and to little results. I see the post and they have one or 2 replies. Forum promoting helps but not in the way print ads do.

Well, there is the thread on HELLRIDE:
There are three to four potential NEW Fest attendees as the result of that post.
http://www.hellridemusicforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26084

Here is the one on Metal-Rules.
Sure, not a TON of replies but certainly a couple folks who DIDN'T know about the fest until the post.
http://www.metal-rules.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79401

Any up and coming fest needs ALL the help it can get.

I just don't agree that you can so quickly "poo poo" any promotion effort, even if its not the potentially most effective one.

According to a friend that works at a pressing plant that is near me: who talks to me often about the issues of CDs and even cassettes, he tells me that places are still producing cassettes right now because the materials are still in surplus but soon will be running out. He tells me that they actually still produce them at times because they are really cheap to do and they still have the supplies. However with less and less factories turning out the casing and the tape this will all come to an end, the same thing is happening with CDs with few and few plants producing things like cases.
I have seen few labels doing cassettes and personally it seems kind of stupid to me and a desperate attempt at underground street credit or something like that. There is a reason why CDs were inviented and you can't argue that cassettes are better quality in anyway; well I guess one could argue that but the would be wrong.
Secondly it seems like such a bad marketing decision; what is the logic behind putting out a product when very few people have the means to use that product? I owed a cassette player but for at least 15 years did not, however must people do not own one and it is not like they are going to get one. I suppose it took be argued that it is "limited" well I guess that adds to the "underground" appeal? Still sometimes the efforts to be underground, kult, or whatever just gets kind of silly.
In the 21 century I cannot understand why any band would want to go these routes like have a cassette; but to some bands it is more important to have that rep oppose to actually being heard or seen, never understood that logic but more power to them I guess.
These guys sound like a pretty good band, hopefully more will be seen from them, or maybe a cassette release will give them that cred and one day they'll be underground legends like Manilla Road. HAHA But bear in mind Manilla Road did not become kult legends by trying to achieve that, think a lot of labels and bands seem to not understand that.

According to a friend that works at a pressing plant that is near me: who talks to me often about the issues of CDs and even cassettes, he tells me that places are still producing cassettes right now because the materials are still in surplus but soon will be running out. He tells me that they actually still produce them at times because they are really cheap to do and they still have the supplies. However with less and less factories turning out the casing and the tape this will all come to an end, the same thing is happening with CDs with few and few plants producing things like cases.
I have seen few labels doing cassettes and personally it seems kind of stupid to me and a desperate attempt at underground street credit or something like that. There is a reason why CDs were inviented and you can't argue that cassettes are better quality in anyway; well I guess one could argue that but the would be wrong.
Secondly it seems like such a bad marketing decision; what is the logic behind putting out a product when very few people have the means to use that product? I owed a cassette player but for at least 15 years did not, however must people do not own one and it is not like they are going to get one. I suppose it took be argued that it is "limited" well I guess that adds to the "underground" appeal? Still sometimes the efforts to be underground, kult, or whatever just gets kind of silly.
In the 21 century I cannot understand why any band would want to go these routes like have a cassette; but to some bands it is more important to have that rep oppose to actually being heard or seen, never understood that logic but more power to them I guess.
These guys sound like a pretty good band, hopefully more will be seen from them, or maybe a cassette release will give them that cred and one day they'll be underground legends like Manilla Road. HAHA But bear in mind Manilla Road did not become kult legends by trying to achieve that, think a lot of labels and bands seem to not understand that.

thank you so very much. This is 100% true in all aspects. It would be different if the cassette thing was just limited while there was CD's out as well and they were the limited collector thing.

thank you so very much. This is 100% true in all aspects. It would be different if the cassette thing was just limited while there was CD's out as well and they were the limited collector thing.

How do you know a cd release isn't on the way? I may not be doing it but maybe i know a label that offered them a cd deal. But it may take sometime for it to get out, we'll just have to wait and see. This is just for my label at the time being and what i did which will be exclusive to this release is that the Vengeance demo will be available on this cassette whereas not on the cd version. Maybe if the tape run sells out fast, ill do a limited cd-r run as well but we shall see.

Yes i recognize their isnt a huge market for tapes in the world, but surely there is at least 100 people who will appreciate this and enjoy it. And this is intended for those people. And like i said, if you dont like it go download the music for FREE and burn it to cd-r and play it where ever your metal heart desires. Thats the only other way to get their music for now because them nor me can afford a cd pressing that will cost the near grand, and trust me id much rather have the cd press but thats not in the budget now or anytime in the foreseeable future. http://visigoth.bandcamp.com/

It doesn't happen often, but I agree 100% with Jeremy.

WTF????????? I thought YOU were Jeremy???????

No one has said anything incorrect.
The only thing some folks in this thread are guilty of is their inabilty to loosen their sphincter over it.

Why do I need to support?
I am not an active buyer of CDs.
Doesn't mean I can't applaud his efforts.
If that's being "cool and hip" then so be it.

I dont think you got the cool and hip jab.

with my bitching it has caused this thread to go on and on. without it, it would have been at the bottom and no one reading it. It is call being a "heel" to get the pops.