Swords & Chains Records presents Storm Warning

Once again thats all personal money, i need to enjoy my life. So pretty much i should stop supporting bands and other labels and put all that into one release for one band that may never sell, successfully eliminating the label? Yea i dont think so.

As long as im at it, i might as well not go to Ragnarokkr and ask for money back too

You could buy half as many albums each month and save the rest of that money for your label. Just listen to the albums you buy twice as many times. Hopefully that won't take too much joy out of your life.

Besides, there are shitloads of bands out there, you don't have to support all of them. Just buy from the bands you love and don't worry about the ones that are just pretty good. You'll be able to live without them.

You could buy half as many albums each month and save the rest of that money for your label. Just listen to the albums you buy twice as many times. Hopefully that won't take too much joy out of your life.

Besides, there are shitloads of bands out there, you don't have to support all of them. Just buy from the bands you love and don't worry about the ones that are just pretty good. You'll be able to live without them.

I dont support all of them, I support the ones i like. Unfortunately, there are just too many that I like.

I like having a large collection of music, it gives me a large variety of what to listen to and it can be different every day. Only now am I starting to get rid of alot of stuff, or wanting too. I just made a list of a ton of stuff i dont want and will be looking to move it.

But when comes down to releasing cds, it a large monetary commitment to one band. And that is hard for me to do right now, considering I dont have a job and when i do have a job again i wont be making that much money being as im 22 years old. Once i have a career going then it would make it alot easier, but minimum wage with 30 hours a week and then the bills i have to pay makes it impossible right now. But this summer is the plan, ive already began laying foundations with a few bands on their debut albums..

Sorry, not going back to re-quote everyone........

@ Bob - Take a minute to think about those CDs you mentioned. They were Vinyl to MP3 to CD. That's 3rd generation and a WHOLE lot of compression. How can you compare vinyl recorded to MP3 burned to CD to vinyl or any analog (IE - cassette) played through the proper medium???????

At the end of the day, I listen mostly to MP3s out of convenience.

Sorry, not going back to re-quote everyone........

@ Bob - Take a minute to think about those CDs you mentioned. They were Vinyl to MP3 to CD. That's 3rd generation and a WHOLE lot of compression. How can you compare vinyl recorded to MP3 burned to CD to vinyl or any analog (IE - cassette) played through the proper medium???????

At the end of the day, I listen mostly to MP3s out of convenience.

The only compression would be at the vinyl -> MP3 stage, and as long as they aren't wack 128 files, you're probably like the other 99.9% of people who can't hear a difference...!

Cassettes are fine, i personally like them. THere are many reasons for me to like them. One of them being that when I was younger I made lots of tapes because I was not very technologically savy and did not have modern digital recording or transfer techniques figured out yet, this nostalgia I have attachted to them would be the strongest of my inclinations.