How large is your music collection?

Hmm...

Have around 600-800cd's
around 600-700 albums
150 or so 45's
no cassettes (except those i recorded as mixes years ago)
probably about a dozen 8 tracks (and player).
and i had a few 78's around but as of late i can not seem to put my hands on where they are...hmmmm....suppose they'll eventually turn up somewhere......
Not big on dvd's as I never have the time....

Honestly, I try not to let my collections get too out of control, so I sell/trade alot. I probably have 300 + CDs and I only own 2 LPs which are the Badlands s/t (mint) and Savatage's HOTMK (mint). I simply hang on to those for collector's sake.

Mainly I buy from Amazon, Disc Exchange (Knoxville), and The Laser's Edge.

I do NO downloading whatsoever...seriously. I realize there's legal sites, but I'd rather buy a compact disc. I'm fighting conformity dammit! :lol:

~Brian~

I've stalled at 4000 factory pressed cds or thereabout. I'd say I have about 500-1000 cdrs, about 15 tapes and about 15 albums. I guess I hang my hat on the limited edition stuff as my pride and joy, though.

Hmm, about 2,100 CDs..... Perhaps half of those are metal CDs, the others range from goth-rock and dance to world music and just plain hard-to-describe stuff like Dead Can Dance and Ozric Tentacles. :)

Around 50 cassette tapes (most of them promos or demos from long-dead Atlanta metal bands (Nihilist, Bonedance, etc.), and some old pop stuff)

About 75-100 vinyl, mostly rare stuff, and old stuff like Hawkwind that I never felt like throwing away.....

About 250 DVDs.

EDIT:
CD list
DVD list

I haven't counted in a while but a wild guess would be:

500 cds
over 1,000, old LPs (lots of hard to find 60's 70's stuff like HAWKWIND, BUDGIE, CLEAR LIGHT, ARUTHUR BROWN, LOVE and such)
50 Tapes

I used to have around 800 CDs, but it got out of control and I found myself listening to the same stuff, so I sold/am selling ones I rarely or never listened to. I'd say I'm down to about 300 CDs.

So tell me -- how large is your collection?.

Around 1200 CDs, all original factory, no downloaded (i.e.stolen) stuff
Probably 100 or so vinyl LP's (haven't played 'em in YEARS)
Around 400-500 DVDs
Probably 30-40 cassettes
An 8-track or three in storage at the folks' house
And exactly TWO songs downloaded from iTunes (I prefer physical media)

Favorite quote about my CDs: Guest: "What are those things above your receiver?" Me: "300 and 400-disc CD Changers" Guest: "Why do you have four of them?" Me: "Um...because the first 3 were full?" :loco:

Craig