CD or Vinyl? What takes up more of your collection?

What takes up the majority of your music collection?

• CD

Votes: 37 88.1%
  • Vinyl

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

The Butt

The Admiral
Sep 10, 2007
The void.
Starting this poll, as a little experiment. I had a poster on another board tell me that CD's will eventually fade away, but vinyl will live on, since it's more popular than CDs.

I rebutted saying that I didn't think this was true, and that I thought CDs are a lot more popular. So now, I'm posting this thread, to interview the ultimatemetal.com community as to their music collections.

What takes up the majority of your physical music collection? (ie: ignore the downloaded music you have.)

Never really got into collecting Vinyls although I can see why people would.

Despite the fact that I prefer the vinyl format overall in terms of what I would rather listen to, I've been collecting CDs for several years longer than I've been collecting vinyls, and the sheer convenience of the CD and the (usually) higher price of vinyls significantly shifts the favor toward what I buy to CDs. Basically, if there is a CD and an LP of an item available, I'll buy the CD, unless it's something that I really like for the LP is very high quality, and then I'll buy both.

99.9% of my collection is cds. i own like 3 vinyls,(Archgoat - Whore of Bethlehem 2 different versions of profanatica - Profanatitas De Domonatia)

0 vinyl
600+ Cds
Cds by an ass whipping

If I ever were to buy any vinyl in the future, they'd most certainly be for decoration only. you won't ever catch me combing the dirt out of my vinyls on Sunday morning. There's nothing wrong with being a vinyl aficionado, it's just not for me.