Your collection

I think Projects In The Jungle is by far the best Pantera album, and Power Metal is second. Although the production and musicianship on Projects isn't as slick, the songs are far better in my opinion. Awesome melodies, choruses, riffs, ultra catchy. Great keyboards on some of the more melodic rock sounding tracks too. I absolutely love that album and tracks like "All Over Tonight", "Takin My Life", "Heavy Metal Rules", "Out For Blood", "Like Fire" and "In Over My Head" are the best stuff Pantera ever wrote I reckon!!

Power Metal rocks too but has more filler and the songs don't stick as much to me. But as I said, the production is alot improved and the musicianship is far slicker, although my favourite guitar solo on the album (in fact my fave Pantera solo full stop) which is on "We'll Meet Again" wasn't even played by Dimebag, it was Marc Ferrari from Keel who played that solo. My fave tracks on that album are "Rock The World", "We'll Meet Again", "Proud To Be Loud" and "Hard Ride". The thrashier ones lack something I think.

I Am The Night is a great album too, I like that about equally with Power Metal actually. It's more in the style of Projects which is good but the songs aren't as consistently good as on Projects. My faves are "Come On Eyes", "Right On The Edge" and "Hot & Heavy".

After those 3, then Cowboys From Hell is my next fave Pantera album, and the only other one I actually like at all. Metal Magic is awful in my opinion, but I prefer it over post-Cowboys Pantera still. The songwriting, musicianship, vocals and production on it though are way below standard. Potential is shown here and there and some tracks are a bit of fun but overall its very VERY below average hair metal. Barely releasable quality.

From Vulgar Display of Power onwards, I just can't get into at all. Dimebag stopped playing guitar well (except a couple of tracks like Floods), Phil stopped singing, the songs completely lacked melody and were no longer catchy, the fun spirit of the band was kinda gone and it the music seemed way too serious, and just overall I don't like it. However "Revolution Is My Name" is a pretty cool song and parts of Vulgar are still passable.

My husband and I have a fairly large collection. A few years ago we had a carpenter come in and build an entire wall into a CD holder. Unfortunately I still have boxes that hold the U´s through Z´s since the wall CD holder is full. I finally got around to alphabetizing everything this year since it was one of my "new years resolutions" (the first one I would achieve ever). Next year I will take care of putting the vinyl in order.

AngelWitch73 said:
My husband and I have a fairly large collection. A few years ago we had a carpenter come in and build an entire wall into a CD holder. Unfortunately I still have boxes that hold the U´s through Z´s since the wall CD holder is full. I finally got around to alphabetizing everything this year since it was one of my "new years resolutions" (the first one I would achieve ever). Next year I will take care of putting the vinyl in order.
I thought that vinyl was for the bonfire :wave: (said the Goat)

I have around 400 tapes, about 24 cd's that are mostly current, and 30 peices of vinyl, both 33 1/3 and 45's, mostly 80's stuff. Unfortunatly I don't get to buy as much new stuff as I used to. They range from punk to thrash to metal to blues to straight up rock. I think there is even some classical stuff in there too if I were to dig deep enough. By the way, anyone want to buy some vinyl?

My collection is nowhere NEAR as extensive as the rest of ya :bah:. I've only got 'bout 600 CDs & tapes. But, I listen to ALL O' THEM!:headbang: ... Everything from Anthrax & AC/DC to MOTORHEAD, Nashville Pussy, & MC5.
Iron Maiden( :rolleyes: ) to Led Zepplin....:Smokedev: :Smokin: :Spin:

It works for me...:headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

Speedfreak said:
My collection is nowhere NEAR as extensive as the rest of ya :bah:. I've only got 'bout 600 CDs & tapes. But, I listen to ALL O' THEM!:headbang: ... Everything from Anthrax & AC/DC to MOTORHEAD, Nashville Pussy, & MC5.

Motorhead and MC5, what more could you want?!!!! Sounds like a great collection to me.

"Are you ready to testify brother and sisters?"

AngelWitch73 said:

WOW!! I wanna come visit!

Her are some of mine :
JUDAS PRIEST
Rocka-Rolla
The Best Of (Gull Records)
Hero - Hero
Stained Class
Sin After Sin
British Steel
Screaming For Vengeance
Defenders Of The Faith
Turbo
Priest...LIVE
Painkiller
Metal Works
Jugulator
Meltdown 98 Live
Demolition
Live In London

GLENN TIPTON - Baptism Of Fire
FIGHT - War Of Words, Mutations, Small Deadly Space
TWO - Voyeurs
HALFORD - Resurrection, Insurrection, Crucible

WINTERS BANE - Heart Of A Killer

ICED EARTH
Night of the Stormrider
the Dark Saga
Days Of Purgatory
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Horror Show
Dark Genesis Box Set
DEMONS AND WIZARDS

AVANTASIA - The Metal Opera Parts I & II

SAVATAGE
Hall Of The Mountain King
Gutter Ballet
Streets
Edge Of Thorns
Handful Of Rain
Dead Winter Dead
The Wake of The Magellan
Poets And Madmen
TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA
The Christmas Attic
Christmas Eve And Other Stories

HELLOWEEN
Walls Of Jericho
Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part I & II

MANOWAR
Battle Hymns
Kings Of Metal
Warriors Of The World

SYMPHONY X - The Odyssey
DREAM THEATER - Met. Pt 2 Scenes
QUEENSRYCHE - Operation Mindcrime, Empire
THE METAL YEARS - Progressive Metal
TESTAMENT - Souls Of Black
NEVERMORE - Dead Heart in a Dead World
PRIMAL FEAR - Nuclear Fire
ANTHRAX - Return Of The Killer A's

METALLICA
Kill 'Em All
Ride The Lighting
Master Of Puppets
And Justice For All

AC /DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
TED NUGENT - Great Gonzos
YNGWIE MALMSTEEN - The YM Collection
STEVIE RAY VAUGHN - Texas Flood
GEORGE THOROGOOD - Anthology
VAN HALEN - Balance
DOKKEN - The Very Best Of
ACCEPT - Balls To The Wall
TWISTED SISTER - Love Is For Suckers
UGLY KID JOE - Americas Least Wanted
SKID ROW
POWER SYMPHONY - Lightbringer
THE ROLLING STONES - Somegirls

Wyvern said:
I thought that vinyl was for the bonfire :wave: (said the Goat)
Cheers Wyv !

Nah, vinyl on the bonfire smells too bad. :D We do try to replace everything that is on vinyl with CD though since to us it just sounds better and is more convenient. I´ll still buy vinyl if that´s the only way I can get an album though.