What was your first CD purchase?

#1_Droogie said:
:ill: ....You're a born-again metalhead. I guess I cant talk for the whole group, but you're alright with me. :p

My rap phase was exactly that, a phase. Trust me, metal is NOT phase for me. I love it way too much. Way more than i ever did rap.

Wicked Child said:
My rap phase was exactly that, a phase. Trust me, metal is NOT phase for me. I love it way too much. Way more than i ever did rap.

Don't feel bad. I was into rap too. Definetly not my proudest moment but I do not regret it because I learned that while certain music will go through phases or fads something like metal is forever. I now know that I am into metal (since the year 2000) that it is not something that will just go away. It has inspiried me in so many ways and continues to be the driving force behind me. It is so much more than just music, it has become a way of life. Just today I got my first tattoo and that tattoo is Eddie from the fucking cover of Killers by Iron Maiden. Metal will never die.

So my embarassing first cd was Naughty by Nature's "Poverty's Paradise". First metal album was July of 2000 Best of the Beast by Iron Maiden. One month later I bought Killers and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. For my birthday that year I got Brave New World by Maiden and Edge of Thorns by Savatage. 2001 the cd collection grew immensly and now in 2005 I have close to 800 metal cd's.

MAN! I still loves me some SNOOP DOGG now and again! DOGGYSTYLE is a freakin' classic!!!! There's nothing wrong with liking metal and rap, ya know!! I can't tell you how many times we partied to GIN AND JUICE back in high school!

GRAVEDIGGER, since you mentioned NAUGHTY BY NATURE, here's a story you can all laugh at or be very afraid of!!! The year was 1991. Spring Break Daytona Beach Florida. Your favorite Uncle Ted heard O.P.P. blasting poolside. I went onto the balcony, fat, naked, and in a great state of drunkeness and mooned everyone and then took a shit off the balcony!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No lie!!!!!!!!!!! Had to lay low the rest of the week...

Wicked Child said:
I've been putting this topic off for a reason. *sigh*...here goes...........

Snoop Doggy Dog-"Doggy Style"
Dr. Dre-"The Cronic"
2 Pac-"Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.".

Yes, i was a west coast rap kid. I bought these at the same time.

Me and you are on the same boat, I used to listen to rap but i never saw a reason to buy the cds I just burned them.

I don't know if I can even remember the exact first one. It was one of three: Alice Cooper, Raise Your Fist and Yell; Dokken, Back for the Attack; or Guns 'n' Roses, Appetite for Destruction. I bought 'em used because I was a starving student in Phoenix. That counts, right?

First Album was KISS, Alive II.

#1_Droogie said:
:ill: ....You're a born-again metalhead. I guess I cant talk for the whole group, but you're alright with me. :p

I was into ABBA and Europop :yuk: , before born-again so...:Spin: