What was your first CD purchase?

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
This is for some of the old, old schoolers. Do you remember what the first CD you bought when you finally changed from LP's/cassettes to CD's? Not to replace your previous version but new release at the time. 'Practice What You Preach' by Testament was the first thing I bought. I still have it and it still plays perfectly. :D What about you guys?

My first vinyl album was from a Dutch band:

Shocking Blue - At Home

I got it in 1969 :)

My first cd was from Ozzy

Ozzy - Tribute To Randy Roads

I think the first cd I bought was the Doors - Morrison Hotel in about 1991 or so. So, not exactly a "metal moment"...

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure my first NEW album I bought on cd was Savatage - Poets and Madmen.

If you're doing math in your head right now you're probably wondering how that could be since PaM came out in 2001. It's true. I held steadfastly on to my cassettes until the Year of Our Lord, 2000.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure my first NEW album I bought on cd was Savatage - Poets and Madmen.

If you're doing math in your head right now you're probably wondering how that could be since PaM came out in 2001. It's true. I held steadfastly on to my cassettes until the Year of Our Lord, 2000.

Holy Shit! :OMG:

carnut said:
For me that was Leatherwolf-Leatherwolf.

If you still have that it may be worth something. I remember a couple years ago that CD was going in the hundreds of dollars on Ebay because it was out of print. I don't know if they reissued it since then, but you may want to check that out.

The first CD I bought was Metallica´s "Master Of Puppets" in December 1986. (I gave the vinyl version I had already bought after its release to a friend in the former G.D.R., which still existed way back then.)
The first CD I bought which I didn´t have on vinyl before was Helloween´s "Keeper Of The Seven Keys I" in March 1987.

JonnyD said:
The First Cd I ever bought/Owned Was Ratt - Out of the Cellar! I love that album to this day! that was back in 1991 or 1992 and the fucker still works! :D

Thats what you get with fuckers, they keep on doing it! :Spin:

sixxswine said:
First CD:
Operation:MindCrime

LP:
Motley Crue-Theatre of Pain

Cassette:
Dire Straits Brothers in Arms(no accounting for taste..)

Why you little......... :p

I love Dire Straits! :headbang: