First CDS

Mxgonzo said:
My first LP was Kiss Alive II also :headbang:
I still have the tatoos that came with it :loco:

That's cool about the tattoos. Just to totally date myself as a child of the 70s here.....the way I got the album was by trading some star wars firgures for it. Ha. I traded my brother a stormtrooper and a couple other action figures. I cared about rock and roll waaaaay more than toys as a kid, seriously (though I liked toys too...)

The first LP I purchased was Dynasty. I saved up for awhile for that. It was probably 7 bucks or something. Sad but true, I took it home, put it on, and the needle slid right through the first two songs. That was the year that they started using some new process to make records; a cheaper, worse process. I forget what it was called, but they were using a whole different material. I was soooooo mad.

Obviously, I was a KISS fan as a kid. My how times have changed....

Very interesting thread. Personally I probably held out the longest on buying cds, than any of you anyway. I was stubborn and stuck with cassettes up until 2000, a mear four years ago. I always lived in apartments so I never owned a home stereo thoughout the 90s (kept getting evicted for playing music too loud, so I just gave it up). My lone stereo was in my vehicle and cassettes were the way to go since they're so portable; not to mention I had about 500 casettes and wasn't looking forward to replacing them all on cd.

My first cds were Savatage Streets and Hall of the Mountain King. The reason was my old casettes were wore completely out and I couldn't find replacements on cassette. The only versions available were cd, so I bought a home cd player and those two cds. I saw it coming though, since most labels quit releasing cassette versions of albums in the late 90s. It was inevitable that I make the switch, but they had to drag this stubborn old school metalhead kicking and screaming into the new era.

Ahhh, great thread! I remember my first 3 cd's!

GUNS N ROSES - Appetite for destruction
METALLICA - Master of Puppets
VAN HALEN - VH I

All three of these I already had on vinyl at the time but when cd's finally "caught on" I had to have these first to see if I could really tell a difference in the sound quality or not...I figured I knew these three albums better than any others and if my ear could tell a difference, they'd be the ones....

BTW, I think these are still the 3 albums that I have listened to more than any others throughout my 31 years!

I had my first single in 1968. It was "Little Green Bag" by the George baker Selection.
My first LP was "Shocking Blue" at Home by Shocking Blue
First cd was "Tribute" by Ozzy

Great tread Fred B!!