What was your first CD purchase?

wdiv said:
My first cassette purchase was Slippery When Wet. :ill:

:err: what's the "ill" face for... that's a great album! It's no "genious" album, no "greatness" in it... but it still kicks my butt....I play it loud and I shake my Boootyyyyyyy :lol:

SavaRon said:
If you still have that it may be worth something. I remember a couple years ago that CD was going in the hundreds of dollars on Ebay because it was out of print. I don't know if they reissued it since then, but you may want to check that out.

I know it's worth alot, but don't have it anymore :erk:

First album ever in CD format,

Rainbow - "Straight Between The Eyes"

Pabla said:
:err: what's the "ill" face for... that's a great album! It's no "genious" album, no "greatness" in it... but it still kicks my butt....I play it loud and I shake my Boootyyyyyyy :lol:

You're right... I definately purchased many other cassettes back in the day that are more deserving of an "ill" face.

I found it!! o_O

I didn't start buying CD's till I met my future hubby in 1993, I liked my vinyl and cassettes but evidently not as much as TSO! :wave:

First CD purchased not replacing vinyl, 8track (thanks for the reminder Sixx :tickled: ) or a cassette tape....

Primus- Pork Soda

At the time I was getting into funky riffs, heavy guitars, wicked bass lines, etc,. etc. etc Primus, Mr. Bungle, Cadillac Tramps.

The first CD I can remember buying is Queen - Greatest Hits

The first metal CD I bought was Metallica - Black Album

Clammy said:
The first CD I ever bought was 1916 by Motorhead. Still have it today!

Cheers!
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

That was along the firsts I had when CDs came with the jewel case inside a cardboard case.

Good to see you around Clam, we miss ya man. Everything alright?:wave:

Wyvern said:
That was along the firsts I had when CDs came with the jewel case inside a cardboard case.

Good to see you around Clam, we miss ya man. Everything alright?:wave:

Oh yeah, everything is awesome. I'm not online as much as I used to be because I'm out riding my Harley whenever I can!

Cheers!
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

1988 at a px in Pirmasens Germany it was Venoms-(I think this was the title) Calm Before The Storm, TSOL-Greatest Hits, The Cult-Electric and Helloween-The Keeper
Of The Seven Keys, Metal Church-The Dark and Destruction's Mad Butcher (that might have been in 89!) Plus Warlock's album with Doro painted on the cover I forgot the
title duhh! :loco:

Wow !! I have no clue. My first "replacement" was "Back in Black" but I wouldn't have a clue about my first CD. It might have been "Blessing in Disguise" by Metal Church.

Bryant

I've been putting this topic off for a reason. *sigh*...here goes...........

Snoop Doggy Dog-"Doggy Style"
Dr. Dre-"The Cronic"
2 Pac-"Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.".

Yes, i was a west coast rap kid. I bought these at the same time.

Wicked Child said:
I've been putting this topic off for a reason. *sigh*...here goes...........

Snoop Doggy Dog-"Doggy Style"
Dr. Dre-"The Cronic"
2 Pac-"Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.".

Yes, i was a west coast rap kid. I bought these at the same time.
:ill: ....You're a born-again metalhead. I guess I cant talk for the whole group, but you're alright with me. :p