Catching Danzig TONIGHT!

Sorry I took so long people! Did not mean to leave you all hangin' but the next day after the last Danzig gig I fell terribly ill with food poisoning, I am just now starting to walk about etc.
Anyway, let's start with the gig at The KeyClub, December 29, 2004: Opening bands were (I think the name was) "All that Remains" and "Eyes of Fire", the first band was awesome! They were a mix of melodic death metal with clean vox and lot’s of cool guitar solos! They played for about 45 minutes and were truly full of energy and fun to watch. The second band “Eyes of Fire” was one of the most boring bands I have ever heard! First off they had no stage presence and their music could not have been lamer…. It was a mix of death metal, with clean vox but no melody whatsoever, no guitar solos, everything sounded flat and the worst part was that starting every song and in the middle and ending the song they used keyboards to make these stupid and boringggggggg soundeffects! Talk about wanting to take a nap! On a side note, the place was OVERSOLD…this venue is supposed to hold tops about 450 people and there must have been over 700, it was insane! For a few minutes there Kittybeast (she posts sometimes in this forum) and I feared for our lives, plus when it came time for Danzig to take the stage everybody started pushing towards the front like maniacs! I tell you, if you had a death wish you would have been in that pit! The worst was for the Misfits songs… the pit looked like a fucking tornado! (No, I am not exaggerating!) Anyway, Danzig was in top form… the Evil Elvis sounded as good as ever! His vocals were superb, although they could have been turned up a bit higher… but hey, you cannot expect perfect sound at a small venue! They kicked off the set with “Wottan’s Procession” which is an eerie instrumental… by this time the place had already gone nuts! Then they kicked off with “Hell Mask” off the new album, a very catchy, fast-paced song to get the crowd going and fists pumping in the air. I am not great with remembering setlists, but I could have done with MORE “Old-School” Danzig… that was my only beef… out of the classics he only played “Under her black wings”, “twist of cain”, “How the gods kill” (man. This one gave me shivers!) and of course “mother” he played a lot of the new songs… “Black angel, white angel”, “skull forest”, “circle of snakes”, “1,000 devil’s reign” and a few tracks off the “I Luciferi” album including the title track which was crunching live! As to the Misfits set, well…I can tell you that all the Misfits fans left with a huge grin as they played a long set with Doyle and did the classics (since I am not a Misfits fan I cannot tell you the setlist, but one song I can tell you was there…. “die, die, die my darling” as it is one of the tracks I like!”) The place was on fire with the Misfits set… so many kids with Misfits shirts and “Devil Lock” where so into it! It was really a treat to see even if you were not the biggest fan of that Danzig era….to end this live review I would like to say that anybody who gets a chance to see Danzig next year WILL NOT be disappointed! If you still haven't had a chance to see him live don't miss out now! :worship:
That's it for now as I am tired... I'll post a review of the December 30, 2004 gig later on :)

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I chatted with Pabla.. she said she a little under the blue... cold or something... Baldy that is just the perception americans have of british i meant no offense lol .. as for Joe using his millions.. ive seen rich rock stars with really bad teeth... they just dont care... I think Lemmy comes to mind...

none taken metalhead,to be honest,your pretty much right in your perception!!
see what you mean re:lemmy :D

pabla,great review,thank you,seems like you caught a great show,nice to know the evil elvis can still kick butt. :headbang:

Thanks peeps :D it was awesome indeed! :erk: Been so busy...I will post a little blurb about the 12/30 gig... :dopey: it was so good and loud part of the ceiling came down during the Misfits set..probably get to it within the next couple of days. :)

@ Hawk>Yes! It was insaneeeeeeeeee, I felt like a sardine!