Cathedral new album (finally!)

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
After 5 looong years Cathedral decided to record a new album. And to make it for the long delay it's a double one!

"The Guessing Game" will be released on USA on April 20th by Nuclear Blast

Disc 1
1.Immaculate Misconception
2.Funeral of Dreams
3.Painting in the Dark
4.Death of an Anarchist
5.The Guessing Game
6.Edwige's Eyes
7.Cats, Incense, Candles & Wine
Disc 2
1.One Dimensional People
02.The Casket Chasers
3.La Noche del Buque Maldito (aka Ghost Ship of the Blind Dead)
4.The Running Man
5.Requiem for the Voiceless
6.Journeys into Jade

Why everybody is releasing a song with a name in Spanish lately? :p

I hope they stay more doom than stoner on this one, anyway I'm :Smokin: with the upcoming release (and Dave Patchett made the artwork again :worship:)

265349.jpg

I was just listening to a Cathedral cd in the car this morning.

Great news. In spite of my favourites are the first three albums ("Forest of equilibrium", "The ethereal mirror" and "The carnival bizarre") I love every Cathedral record.

Like Wyvern, I prefer doom oriented stuff but with some stoner songs in between. It adds diversity to their songs.

A little "flower power" meets Hieronimus Bosch but excellent cover artwork.

Great news. In spite of my favourites are the first three albums ("Forest of equilibrium", "The ethereal mirror" and "The carnival bizarre") I love every Cathedral record.

Like Wyvern, I prefer doom oriented stuff but with some stoner songs in between. It adds diversity to their songs.

A little "flower power" meets Hieronimus Bosch but excellent cover artwork.

The artwork doesn't fright me as much as the album name :lol:, and like you I agree the first three albums are the best stuff. Their biggest miss IMO is "Supernatural Birth Machine".

Will see what the double CD brings for us.