Cave in, Isis, Sigur Ros

Yumboldt

Juggernaut threader
Jul 5, 2004
Versailles, FRANCE
Hi everybody !

Just a thread to get your general feedback about the bands (in metal or rock) that you thinkare able to create such great atmospheres as Anathema. I don't mean bands better than Anathema (Is it possible ???) but with so much intensity and creativity.
I start :

some post-hardcore bands : Cave In, Isis ("Oceanic"), Neurosis

Cave In is more hrdcore metal mixed with Space Rock.

Isis and Neurosis are experimental in the way that they mix metal and post rock progressions ala Mogwai, along with psychedelic guitar madness

isis and neurosis are fucking awesome... not many bands are able to create those kind of atmosferes in the metal scene...
about sigur ros i discovered em some weeks ago and they are awesome... shame on me for not listening them earlier
still havent heard a single song from cave in... ill have to do it soon

Sigur Ros are scary! I can't listen to ()-album very often, because I always end up nearly shitting myself. It must have something to do with vocals. But yeah, they are great indeed.

Late Talk Talk are very atmospheric too, check out "Spirit Of Eden", it's great.

I'm very curious about that () album, but I haven't had the opportunity to listen to it. Ágaetis Byrrrnklgljnjunnnkéjeljlkjfkldéal is ace, not scary though, but totally different from what I usually listen to.

Don Corleone said:
the second half of () can be quite "scary" yeah

I find the first half equally as scary as the second half. And I don't even know why. As I said, it must be the vocals. A bit feminish male voice singing in an unknown language...Spooky for me at least. I don't think extreme metal music (grindgore, death/black metal etc.) is scary, but Sigur Ros are the scariest band I know! I am such a pussy..

Yes. This was off topic. Let's continue.

I like sigur ros.. at the drive in are the post hardcore type ish bands to ever make music. Hence the avatar. LISTEN TO THEM.

infact download ursa minor right now.. go on! ursa minor by at the drive in at a kazaa near you

sigur ros, really that good? i wanted to try them but then i forgot. any names for songs come to mind? other than albums?

for me the gathering accompanies the "anathema mood" mostly. especially the acoustic album sleepy buildings. but screw me really since i'm very much into 80's stuff recently. wasp and the like.. :tickled:

if u want it without the vocals of mum, sigur ros etc etc then get the above, no vocals , just instrumentals, plenty off feedback and subtle percussion

godspeed you black emperor, yep nice percussion really. i needed a break from all the 80's anyway..

of course i don't but i don't need to. it's something innate you're just born with it! :bah:

:cool: