CB Classical Guitar Tutorials - any on the web?

Max Dread

May 1, 2010
Hi all

I've been playing guitar for many years.... mainly electric though and mainly metal.

I do enjoy fingerpicking as well, and have a classical guitar I pick up from time to time. I've started to pick it up more often recently....

As a self taught guitarist, I've always questioned my right hand fingerpicking technique. I want to learn the "proper" technique and see how it compares to how I taught myself. One of the biggest issues I have is with the angle of my right hand. The fingers tend to pick the strings at an angle to the strings, rather than being perpendicular to them. I find the tone of the plucked notes to be much nicer when the fingers are perpendicular.

Anyhow, enough rambling....

I wondered if anyone nows of any Chris B. tutorial on line which address this. If not, does anyone know of any other decent tutorials which covers these things? I'm now ploughing through youTube, but as usual there is the usual mixture of semi-helpful and God awful tutorials on there.

Cheers

Max

What helped my technique was Tarrega's "Recuerdos de la Alhambra". Standard reportoire, and a great exercise for tremolo picking. I think this kind of tremolo forces your hand to a proper position. I also recommend the Giuliani exercises, they are not too hard, not too easy imo.

Hi all

I've been playing guitar for many years.... mainly electric though and mainly metal.

I do enjoy fingerpicking as well, and have a classical guitar lessons I pick up from time to time. I've started to pick it up more often recently....

As a self taught guitarist, I've always questioned my right hand fingerpicking technique. I want to learn the "proper" technique and see how it compares to how I taught myself. One of the biggest issues I have is with the angle of my right hand. The fingers tend to pick the strings at an angle to the strings, rather than being perpendicular to them. I find the tone of the plucked notes to be much nicer when the fingers are perpendicular.

Anyhow, enough rambling....

I wondered if anyone nows of any Chris B. tutorial on line which address this. If not, does anyone know of any other decent tutorials which covers these things? I'm now ploughing through youTube, but as usual there is the usual mixture of semi-helpful and God awful tutorials on there.

Cheers

Max

I'm sorry but I can't seem to have seen a classical guitar tutorial from CB about this. But here's a link for his tutorials. You could always take his online lessons for more help. Hope this helps: http://www.chrisbroderick.com/html/tutorials.htm