CD authoring software

fade_2_black

Apr 11, 2006
www.keirlefoh.com
I'm after a good piece of software for CD authoring in mastering - basically, track markers, final fades, CD text, all that nonsense.

I have started doing all my mastering processing in Pro Tools now. A while back I used to use Wavelab (was only available on PC, I am on mac) for everything in mastering, but now that Wavelab is available on mac, it seems like such a waste of money if I'm purchasing the program simply to place CD track markers and a couple of other things.

Anybody know of any good alternatives for mac?

Thanks

I would love to know this too. Wavelab was what has been recommended to me in the past but I never asked around for alternatives, not keen on the $500 price tag for WL...

I thought Waveburner only comes with Logic? And Studio One costs way more than the solution Slemmu posted. Besides, I am not interested in getting a whole 2nd DAW just for CD authoring. WaveEditor is only $79 and is a dedicated authoring program, no brainer.

@Slemmu: Good find man, thanks.

I thought Waveburner only comes with Logic? And Studio One costs way more than the solution Slemmu posted. Besides, I am not interested in getting a whole 2nd DAW just for CD authoring. WaveEditor is only $79 and is a dedicated authoring program, no brainer.

@Slemmu: Good find man, thanks.

No problem, been searching software for this purpose myself.

Found this one too http://www.i3net.it/dspquattro/asp/homepage.asp
$99 / 75€

I think i have to try both before buying either one.

Thanks guys, appreciate all the input. I previously downloaded the Audiophile Engineering Wave Editor demo and couldn't figure the fucking thing out. Searched their website, youtube, etc.. Not a single hint at a tutorial or anything. Not an intuitive program by any measure. Having said that, that was a while ago and it may very well be better now!

I very much like the look of the DSP-Quattro. Downloading the demo at the moment. On special too, could be a go! Will post my thoughts shortly.