Arcturus: La Masquerade Infernale
Coroner: No More Color
Coroner: Mental Vortex
Edguy: Vain Glory Opera
Pestilence: Testimony of the Ancients
Spastic Ink: Ink Complete
Therion: Theli
Watchtower: Control & Resistance

and from the one time only Mike Neira cd blowout (thanks again for the bargains, Mike):
Destiny's End: Breathe Deep the Dark
Dio: Killing the Dragon
Halford: Crucible
Metallica: Garage, Inc. (finally found it offered at a one digit dollar amount... been waiting for that for a while)

Ryan

Like OpethianSoul, I am a poor college student. I was just lucky to be able to make the trek from MI to GA on the $$$ that I did have!

Silly me, I spent money on music at a store in town before the fest started. I had no idea how incredible the selection would be! I was happy, though, to find a couple of good picks at Wherehouse Music:

Dream Theater - Live Scenes from New York (not a big deal, BUT it has the original art of the burning New York sky line!! Can't find that gem in MI)
Joe Satriani - self-titled

PP3 Haul:
The PP3 Event Comp
The Nightmare Records Comp
(I walked with both of those, yet my program got trashed by some pop :( )
Moonspell - The Butterfly Effect
Edguy - Kingdom Of Madness

I also was only able to buy one shirt.. the Longsleeved Blind Guadian one with the blueish tinted metal dragon! I really wanted one of the PP3 Event shirts and a KILLER longsleeved Pain of Salvation Girlie shirts!!!! It's about damned time they have longsleeved girlie shirts with full artwork! haha!
I guess I didn't really plan very well, financially speaking. It was my first year attending and I wasn't really sure what to expect. I was a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of CDs and other merchandise, I didn't really know where to start :-\ Can't say that I'm complaining though! </ramble about the merch>

~Sh0kr0k~

For me, it was seeing all the CDs in person, sitting there. I'm used to reading about everything online, but I can rarely buy anythign I like in a store. In fact , the last CD I bought in a store was Savatage's Poets and Madmen, since I was going to concert on the day it came out. But, here at Progpower, all of these amazing bands' CDs were just sitting there.

I'd also be very curious to hear about how much theft, if any, there was at the vendors. Obviously none at Centruy Media, since they perfected the "CD Under Glass" technique. Everyone else just had piles sitting out there. I know a few times I had some CDs in my hand and moved to the other end of a table. It was so crowded, so this was not an easy feat. It entailed stepping back, pushing through people, and then pushing back up front (luckily I'm 6'3, so I get to see over most people). I could have *easily* just walked away with those CDs, since it was so busy. I would never do so, since I am trying to support the bands, not steal from them, but I could have.

I wonder how many people did so?

Steve

Good points Steve, and the exact same thought I had. I mean, me personally, I'd never do that for the reasons you already mentioned. Plus, people like Century Media & Tomer from The End work SO HARD to bring this music to us, it'd REALLY be criminal to do that to them. But it would have been seriously easy.

On another note Steve, you've obviously never been up to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ, eh? :) Imagine all the vendors' selections from the show put together. Got that image? Ok, now multiply that by about 15-20 TIMES that amount, and you'll have a decent idea of what they have. :D

It's my favorite store on Earth and quite possibly the greatest metal record shop on the face of the planet. You HAVE to get up there. But be forewarned, bring LOTS of money!

I like the choices below. I didn't scan down too far, but I didn't see any mention of the band, "At-Vance". Their latest disc, "Only Human" is my disc of the year. I picked up all their previous discs at the show (Heart of Steel and Dragonchaser).

I discovered the at The End Records. They had an MP3 available for download and I liked it instantly. The vocalist is has silky-smooth mid-range. A few neo-classical influences will bring Yngwie to mind, but not too much. Much better than anything Yngwie has done in ages. But i wan't to stress that this band is doing their own thing.

www.at-vance.com

Originally posted by markgugs
On another note Steve, you've obviously never been up to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ, eh? :) Imagine all the vendors' selections from the show put together. Got that image? Ok, now multiply that by about 15-20 TIMES that amount, and you'll have a decent idea of what they have. :D

It's my favorite store on Earth and quite possibly the greatest metal record shop on the face of the planet. You HAVE to get up there. But be forewarned, bring LOTS of money!
I've heard lots about VV and checked out their site. They do have an impressive collection of vinyl. I am sure the store holds much more than the site. I'd love to make it up there sometime and see it all. :)