CD release party? or NOT?

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
another X - copy from our website.... thoughts? :cool:

The band has announced that they will not be headlining a show for their official CD release party as originally planned, which was slated around the time of the release of the new album (official release date: Tuesday, April 25th through Nightmare Records). They have confirmed, however, that they will still be playing live at that time but will be opening a show for their friends, The Iron Maidens, on Friday April 21st at Club Vegas in Salt Lake City. According to bassist Dustin, "We’ve been trying to hook up for a live show with the lovely Maidens in our home town for almost two years now, and our schedules never seemed to work out. But it appears that things came together this time - thanks to our good friend and supporter Mr. Toast for making it happen - and as things go, they were coming to town that weekend we we're planning our CD release show. We decided to combine the effort in that it might be more beneficial to play live with our friends and have a really fun show and party, rather than headline our own gig for a CD release." he continues, "At this time, we are making attempts to have copies of the new album for sale the night of that show, and if all goes without a hitch on the labels end between now and then, we should hopefully have them available. We will obviously keep you all up to date if this changes."

\m/
Dustin

Thoughts? Just one. I'm going to have to score that night off work come hell or high water. :headbang:

But what with me new job, and me still being in probationary time at that point, I'm going to have to find out if that's even possible. I will, of course, let you know!

(Rumours that, if it's not possible, my car will suddenly, mysteriously and terminally 'break down' that night are, of course, totally unfounded... ;))

NP: Deep Purple - 'Don't Make Me Happy'

The official lineup for that show (in this order):

Sons Of Nothing (Original tunes and Pink Floyd covers)
http://www.sonsofnothing.com

Katagory V
(you are already at their forum)

The Iron Maidens
http://www.theironmaidens.com

At Club Vegas
445 S 400 W
Salt Lake City UT

Brought to you by yours truly (Mr Toast Productions LLC), along with Triamid Productions and http://www.utahmetal.com

this IS going to be one truly kickass night of metal!!! Thanks for coincidentally timing your CD release with the Maidens show guys!!!

Knowing how well you sounded for the Monsters of Metal and Metal Church shows, I can't wait to see all the awestruck patrons...

Okay, I'm bumping this up because I have a few of things to say. One, thanks and major kudos to Lucy, the scheduler at my work who wangled me the night off for this show despite me still being pretty new and still under probation time. Two, changed the thread title to more accurately represent (and advertise, kind of) the gig. Three, the Mrs should also be in attendance! Yes, she'll finally make it to another KatV show, and to see the awesome Maidens too, no less!

It's unfortunate that 'The Rising Anger' won't be available in time for the show - shades of ProgPower IV, guys? - but with luck t-shirts and copies of 'New Breed...' will be in abundance.

Only question... what time should we aim to arrive? I never do know for these things, it's all different than it is in Limey-land... ;)

EDIT: Okay, for some reason UM won't let me change the thread title. New sticky thread coming up.

EDIT #2: Now I find out how to, after making a new thread. I should really try actually 'being' a 'mod' on occasion... ;)

:lol: Hey Luna, it's time for you to get back into the swing of things again? You'll get used to it again my friend. :p

Were seriously considering doing a show in late May/Early June and calling it a CD release party... or not? LOL! We might possibly do an all-ages show this time. We're not sure....

All I know is, if we're going to do it, it needs to be put together fairly soon, or it won't happen. We were going to try and do the party by flying in a few of our friends in other metal bands and have them play the show with us, but it wasn't going to be very cost-ecffective, especially on short notice, so that got nixed. :erk:

If anything, we'll just have to do what we did last time, and find a nice little pub, throw the CD on the PA system, and get blitzed with the fans.

\m/
Dustin

Ach... you know what happens when I find myself at a shindig without a single focal point for all the energy and attention (like a band on stage)... it's not my most natural environment without that element. Now, for you on the other hand, King Schmoozer... ;)

However, if it's not too late in May, my mum might come along again! Now that would be quite the follow-up to the 'New Breed...' launch event. She doesn't like to flaunt it but she's quite metal on occasions, is my dear old ma... coming to Earl's Court to see Maiden in 2000, for one. :)

Anyway, I digress. Any event put together is of course one I'd attend (given enough notice to score the night off work). How could I not?