CD Replication/Duplication?

ParsonsMatt

Alas, Tyranny
Nov 15, 2006
Athens, GA
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone,

I need to get my new CD pressed somewhere OTHER than Kunaki. What do you recommend as far as best value for the money?

Here is the basic story of what happened:
1) I make a master CD and listen to it to make sure it has no problems. It is 100% perfect, no skips in the car test or anything.
2) Upload to Kunaki, order 100 copies.
3) CDs arrive and have problems -- we opened 10: 1 was visibly damaged, 8 were skipping very badly on my car and others that they were tested in, and 1 was fine.
4) I contact Kunaki, arrange a return, and ship the CDs back.
5) I get this:
Dear Mr Parsons,

We received the CDs you returned to us and had our engineers examine them. We even did a sector by sector data analysis. We found nothing wrong.

We appreciate you returning the order but there is nothing we can do to fix this problem because we could not find a problem. Therefore, we have refunded the total payment for order 639934 -- $160.63 to your credit card and we must ask you not to order from us again.

We wish you best of luck in your career.

Thank you
(emphasis mine)

So, fuck Kunaki.

Well the way I see it they fucked up big time, realized their mistake but didn't want to admit it. So they gave you your money back in order not to get in trouble and asked you to leave them alone.

That sounds about right. I got my free test copy from them this week, and mine also skips bad so I vote no on that company all together.

$160.63 for 100 copies?

are the making cdrs? or really pressed cds from a glass-master.. usually the glass-mastering only costs like 150 Euros at a pro-pressing plant.

I can imagine that the quality will suck then.

i got all my cds manufactured at sony (www.sonydadc.com) here in austria, there are expensive, but the quality is very good.
minimum quantity is 300copies

I used these guys before ...

http://cdman.com/

very cool people and I had absolutely ZERO issues with anything. The final product looked great, no skips, turnaround was great and the price wasn't bad plus I was able to format all the artwork myself using their templates and saved some $$$

You'd have to contact them for a quote but they were pretty fair before with their prices so you may need to fork over a little extra but in the end you'll be happy

Another vote for NationWide Disc. Have done a lot of business with them and so far I haven't had a SINGLE bad disc. Printing quality on the inserts and disc face has always been good and quite often they have specials where if you order 200 or more they do free color printing on everything.

Another vote for NationWide Disc. Have done a lot of business with them and so far I haven't had a SINGLE bad disc. Printing quality on the inserts and disc face has always been good and quite often they have specials where if you order 200 or more they do free color printing on everything.

+1. Prices have been cheaper than most other places too. Forgot to mention that before.

I've always used Nationwide and have been exremely happy with them. http://www.nationwidedisc.com/

Thanks for the recommendations!! I am going with these guys :)