cd review websites

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
Just curious - what does everone think are the more useful websites for metal cd reviews?

I used to use www.metalreviews.com alot but over the past year or so they've gravitated over to more the death and black metal scenes.

I also use www.metal-observer.com whenever I'm looking for reviews on more remote bands. This site has a HUGE database and you can find reviews for just about every band you can think of, no matter what genre. I discovered alot of new bands here.

Then www.revelationz.net is probably my favorite for music that is just coming out. They also review a few classics each month as well. The owner of the site, Steen, and I have very similar tastes in music so I can usually trust his judgement. But he's got a death metal fan on staff, and a thrash fan. It's a pretty well rounded site from my views.

And finally, the site I use the most is actually amazon.com. Scoff if you will, but as long as it's not some really obscure band you can really get a feel for an album or band you are looking at because of the pure volume of reviews. You see both sides of the fence and judge who you most agree with by other comments within each person's review.

I've been using Metal Observer primarily for the past few months - they're usually pretty good, but a couple of the reviewers aren't quite on the same page as I am (as is certainly true for any review site). Thanks for the links to the other sites!

I never read CD reviews until I got them :D

I believe in download for hearing and them decided to make the purchase or not. Finally I review them myself.