Celestion V30 in a Krank Rev Cabinet?

Emdprodukt

Member of Dude Castle 69
Jun 26, 2007
Kiel, Germany
A friend of mine want's to trade his 4 celestion vintage 30 (16 ohms) with my old, broken 4x10 peavey ultra 410 tube combo. It's not a combo anymore because I build a head out of it for touring some time ago. I guess my friend likes to repair shitty stuff :)

I'd like to know in which way the vintage 30 will sound different to the eminence v12? I know Andy did the same thing with his Krank Cab and a lot of you guys swear on v30's. What exactly is the reason? Would I benifit from a crossover?

I'm using active emg pickups and a OD808 in front of my Krank Rev if that matters at all :)

thanks lasse, that's what I wanted to hear. I never thought my eminence speaker sucked by any means but I always thought it can get better.

I was listening to Andys speaker comparrision (Krank Cab V30's/Eminence v12 with SM57) and the first two rows I liked the eminence recording better. Has this chugg chugg. But very scooped. In the end it's about taste I guess?

I was listening to Andys speaker comparrision (Krank Cab V30's/Eminence v12 with SM57) and the first two rows I liked the eminence recording better. Has this chugg chugg. But very scooped. In the end it's about taste I guess?

As far as I know Andy has the Krankenstein cab with Texas Heat speakers (not v12 Legend like the Rev)...

I thought you've got the stein as well, just saw that you're talking about the Rev-Cab which features V12 Legend,...those are actually supposed to be V30 clones (wodurch meine PM unwichtig wird;) )

okay they're supposed to be clones... would you still change them? :-D

edit: you're right about andy having a krankenstein cab, my bad :)