Cell Phone Addiction

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Are you or any one you know addicted to cell phones?!? I know several people who can not put their God damn cell down for one solitary second in order to breathe and smell the daffodils. When the verbal conversation concludes, it is picked right back up with a text messaging frenzy. 1,000 text messages delivered in a course of a month that are devoid of any substance.

Text : Hi, what are you dong? :smiley:

Text : So, what's going on?

Text: Hiya Pookie!

What the fuck?!?! :erk:

Then you have the blue tooth terrorists who walk around with a flashing tumor attached to their lobe as if they're waiting to close a business deal... but the phone never rings. What percentage of these people are in a position where they can not spare a free hand to pick up their self-imposed tracking device?!?

Now you have the latest new fucking craze that is sweeping the globe, the iPhone. Surf the web from an elevator while simultaneously texting your booty call Bertha, and taking a snapshot of the girl's ass in front of ye. Absolutely pathetic! :mad:

there's a girl I work with...she's a bagger (I'm a cashier at a grocery store), and when she's not bagging, she's standing there texting...constantly. and I've told her, "you're not THAT important to where you have to be texting constantly." it annoys the shit out of me.

I'm not addicted to my cell phone at all. I guess it could be because I've had the same Nokia phone for about 4 years now, so there's nothing interesting at all about it.

I text anywhere between 10 to 100 times a month I would say. I primarily use it during moments of sheer boredom at school, say, while waiting for the bus to travel between campuses. It just gives me something to do. I also never see my friends during the school year, so it's a good way to stay in touch.

Mobile phones are convenient but that's about it. I've never understood how people can get hard-ons over the latest tech gadget. I've read stories of people waiting in line since yesterday to get iPhones that don't come out until tomorrow. Apparently, these arent very productive members of society.

Don't get me started on the bluetooth ear pieces.

I've noticed two distinct groups of cell-phone (and their related ilk) abusers. One consists mainly of Blacks who are otherwise normal Black people with bluetooth ear pieces and over-the-top mobile phones. These phones are always on, no matter how much attention they should be spending on driving, working, etc.

The other is the coffee-shop geek. These folks are either Caucasian or Asian and can be of almost any age. Instead of making their own coffee at their own house, they ride 50 cc scooters to a brewhouse so they can surf the web in the company of other nerds using Wi-Fi. They listen to bands like Maroon 5 and DMB while doing this. They don't like sports.

:lol: Here I was thinking that in my line of work, one of those earpieces would save tonnes of time and make my day significantly easier.

Seriously, some of you need to get off your anti-technology high horses. This is starting to get ridiculous. Should you not be wearing spikes and leather hanging out in the forest after dusk in order to be truly conveying the full weight of these complaints?

If you're on the phone while driving, in a theatre, or conducting other business (i.e. in a checkout line at the store) and can't be off your phone for the duration, you deserve to have your convenient technology stuffed into your rectum sideways.

Mobile phones are convenient but that's about it. I've never understood how people can get hard-ons over the latest tech gadget. I've read stories of people waiting in line since yesterday to get iPhones that don't come out until tomorrow. Apparently, these arent very productive members of society.

Don't get me started on the bluetooth ear pieces.

some of those are allegedly people paid by productive members of society to stand in line for them ... as much as $150 for holding a spot in line. craigslist is your friend :erk:

:lol: Here I was thinking that in my line of work, one of those earpieces would save tonnes of time and make my day significantly easier.

Seriously, some of you need to get off your anti-technology high horses. This is starting to get ridiculous. Should you not be wearing spikes and leather hanging out in the forest after dusk in order to be truly conveying the full weight of these complaints?

yep, cell phones are incredibly useful and i use mine all the time. excuse me, i'm gonna go throw up. really, i'm pretty hungover. brb.

My cellphone is used for a few work calls, finding out what's for dinner, and sending a text once in a while to tell my office that I'm coming in late. The only reason I have vibrate function is so I can tuck the phone in between my legs whilst driving and 'hear' it ring when loud music is blaring out the car stereo.

Are you or any one you know addicted to cell phones?!? I know several people who can not put their God damn cell down for one solitary second in order to breathe and smell the daffodils.

Yeah, whats worse is when they get separated from their beloved phone. I've seen many people completely lose it because their phone is broken or lost.

That said, I have a cell-phone, with the bare minimum plan.

my phone is the one LG gives away for free via rebate or something. bare minimum thing that works great for simple calls to the wife and friends.

i dont text, and i dont take fucking pictures with it to send to friends so i can seem important.

im not anti-technology. im anti-humans being owned by technology. as Tyler Durden would say:

YOU'RE NOT YOUR FUCKING CELL PHONE