Cellists in Metal

The guitarist is the cellist too, so she surely can't handle both live. And it depends when you saw them, I suppose. As I think the cello is a rather recent (the 'Requiem' albums) addition. And they used the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra for those too, so I guess something could have been involved through them as well.

I'm pretty sure there was cello on Sombre Romantic. It might not have been very apparent or frequent though. To be honest I'm not too sure about Elegant... and Dying. I'll have to listen to it again. I've only heard clips from the Reqiuem trilogy, how is it?

I'm pretty sure there was cello on Sombre Romantic. It might not have been very apparent or frequent though. To be honest I'm not too sure about Elegant... and Dying. I'll have to listen to it again. I've only heard clips from the Reqiuem trilogy, how is it?

Both albums have been well received critically. Requiem Mezzo Forte, which was the standard Virgin Black release, is the best and most consistent album the band has put out. Requiem Fortissimo, which is the heaviest of the trilogy, was a bit of a letdown, IMO. Any fan of elegant... And Dying would most likely enjoy Requiem Mezzo Forte as it certainly builds on its predecessor.

Yes, I think you're right. That's what I get for not double checking. Samantha is credited for guitar and cello on all the albums (so far).

As Quadfather said, Requiem - Mezzo Forte is definitely their best release. I very much enjoy Requiem - Fortissimo and I always listen to it straight after it's predecessor, but it certainly isn't as grand and lacks in comparison - it is a great album in it's own right, however.

I can't wait for the first part of the trilogy, Requiem - Pianissimo to be released, so I can listen to the whole thing in one go - I anticipate that it's effect will be far greater this way.

But definitely look into aquiring Requeim - Mezzo Forte, even if not the other two. You won't regret it.

Both albums have been well received critically. Requiem Mezzo Forte, which was the standard Virgin Black release, is the best and most consistent album the band has put out. Requiem Fortissimo, which is the heaviest of the trilogy, was a bit of a letdown, IMO. Any fan of elegant... And Dying would most likely enjoy Requiem Mezzo Forte as it certainly builds on its predecessor.

Yes, I think you're right. That's what I get for not double checking. Samantha is credited for guitar and cello on all the albums (so far).

As Quadfather said, Requiem - Mezzo Forte is definitely their best release. I very much enjoy Requiem - Fortissimo and I always listen to it straight after it's predecessor, but it certainly isn't as grand and lacks in comparison - it is a great album in it's own right, however.

I can't wait for the first part of the trilogy, Requiem - Pianissimo to be released, so I can listen to the whole thing in one go - I anticipate that it's effect will be far greater this way.

But definitely look into aquiring Requeim - Mezzo Forte, even if not the other two. You won't regret it.

Thanks guys. :cool: I saw Mezzo Forte at the record store the other day, so as soon as I have the money I'll get it. Hopefully no one's snatched it up.