Celtic Frost was amazing last night.

Metal head87

Jul 17, 2006
I was at Celtic Frost last night. Sahg was great. Very different than what I was expecting since it is the band of ex-Gorgoroth/current Jotunspor bassist King Ov Hell. They were very stoner doom metal. They did a Pentagram cover too.
1349 were amazing. They had a great response and I was right up front. The only bad part was during Sculptur Of Flesh when the guitars kept losing power, but they fixed it right when the song ended. At the end of the show, Ravn started walking in front of the stage and grabbed everyones hand (including mine) and I got a guitar pick from one of the guitar players after they finished playing (I couldn't see which one since they were standing next to each other and the lights were blinding me).
Whoever said Celtic Frost isn't really good anymore should have seen this show. CF were easily the second best show I've ever seen, with the first being King Diamond. The band sounded incredible. Tom and the other guitar player sort of acknowledged me too. I was up front, I had both my arms up during the whole show, I was headbanging like crazy and I kept screaming out Into The Crypts Of Rays. Then toward the end of the show, Tom said they will do something off of Morbid Tales. I was screaming out Into Crypts Of Rays and Tom said that he hears someone screaming out that song so they will play that (I know it was part of their set list anyways but I was the only person really screaming that out).
They didn't play Morbid Tales though and they were only on for like an hour and a half, so that pissed me off a little. But it was still unbelievable.

Sounds pretty cool dude, concert experiences are always some of my favourite moments ever. I love seeing my favourite bands play live.

Normally I love concerts, but this was really special since I've been waiting for this show for years. It was announced like 8 months ago but I was expecting it ever since they were talking about making a new album a few years ago.
The last time they toured the US I was either 1 or 2! They also played a lot of old stuff.
I didn't even recognize Martin Ain. He was huge, had a bierd and wore corpsepaint. During one of the songs, he made some kind of a prayer in Swiss I think which had a really cool effect since everyone in the band stood completely still during the prayer. Then he goes "amen" and they continue. I have no idea what he was saying though and I doubt it was religious since he said that us New Yorkers should already know that there is no god right before they played Ain Elohim, which means there is no god.

I got the setlist and a pick of Cryptopsy last week. And I chatted with Lord Worm. I even got a drumstick in my head (lost the drumstick though)-- scars FTW!

And mate, I'm still not sorry for missing them at Wacken, those Japs fucking ruled.

Ein Elohim means= there is no God,or Eye of God...depends how you spell it in hebrew(אין and עין)
and there is no swiss language as far as I know...it's either german or french

I knew that it sounded very German. I asked someone if he was saying a prayer in German and he said that it was probably in Swiss. Maybe there is a Swiss language, but we never learned about international stuff in school so I couldn't say.

paradoxile said:
Ein Elohim means= there is no God,or Eye of God...depends how you spell it in hebrew(אין and עין)
and there is no swiss language as far as I know...it's either german or french
It would be spelled אין since it means there is no god. Besides, wouldn't it be a'yin for עין?

saying a'yin elohim...is gramaticly incorrect it's basicly saying eye,god
ein elohim is like saying a'yin shell elohim
it's the same as saying ha bayit shell elohim( הבית של אלוהים)=beit elohim(בית אלוהים) it appears to look the same but if you write it with nikud it looks slightly different.

but anyway if they said it means no god then so be it.

about the guy telling you it's probably Swiss...he's a dumbass.
it's true that they have a slightly different dialects then the german deutsch and the french francais...but the Canadian french french dialect is also different from the French and the Swiss one.the same goes with English in the UK Austalia and the US all have different dialects but it's not like it's a different language...just some words and expression here and there are different(just like the brittish say arse and the americans say ass)

There's indeed no *swiss* language... but there's actually three official languages in Switzerland: German, French and Italien...as for their German dialect, well personally I sometimes have serious problems understanding people in Basel or Pratteln...and that's just behind the border...

That's great! You're lucky to have seen them. A lot my buddies at home just saw CF last nigh (in Seattle, October 1st) and I'm so very jealous. The closest CF is coming to where I'm going to school is an hour or so away and I need to find a ride!

Hey dudes, you're all Damn wrong.

There IS a swiss language. Apart from them speaking french, german and italian in the different parts of switzerland there is a language called "Rätoromanisch", and is the official language for all switzerland, no matter which part of it. in fact there is a very small part called "Oberland" where they ONLY speak rätoromanisch and no french, german and italian.

Italian French and German are spoken in the three parts close to the boarder of France, German and Italy.

it sounds a very little bit like german, but you really cannot understand it. And indeed, they have a very strong accent in their german.

I wanted to study in switzerland, and the refused for my lack of this language. the said, the courses at university are being read in it, and i wouldn't be able to understand.

And now back to the topic of Celtic Frost in the Orphaned Land Forum.... dam, THIS IS international!

TheNocturnals said:
That's great! You're lucky to have seen them. A lot my buddies at home just saw CF last nigh (in Seattle, October 1st) and I'm so very jealous. The closest CF is coming to where I'm going to school is an hour or so away and I need to find a ride!
Take a cab if you have to!
Maybe there's a bus or a train that will run not too far from there.

Elyia said:
And now back to the topic of Celtic Frost in the Orphaned Land Forum.... dam, THIS IS international!
Well, they both played Wacken. That is why I posted this. EVeryone here had the nerve of either skipping CF or saying they suck now, and I wanted to say that everyone is wrong since it was the second best live band I've ever seen in my life. The music was so heavy but clear. I heard every riff and every single grunt from Tom. People were air-guitaring the solos. The band had such power over the fans. Words cannot describe how that show touched my blackened, metalhead heart.

:mad: You're wrong and you know it.
CF=gods!

Wait, you were one of the ones who insulted Celtic Frost?

Baby, i don't even KNOW Celtic Frost, how could I insult them? :heh:

Wow, that was a shock, hum? me kidding, of course;) and by the way, i didn't offend you creating a celtic frost thread.

and by another way: i wouldn't offend anyones opinion on any band, People are different, styles are different. Would be boring if we all loved the same stuff, hum? i'm glad you liked the concert but i guess CF will never be one of my favourites.

And poeple air-guitaring guitar solos are posers... Actually i find air-guitaring quite funny:)

guess i have to start a new Photo-thread: Funny faces at air-guitaring people. ... i didn't say that aloud! Still glad you had a nice concert MH :headbang: