Century Media Peep show

Ekkratuj said:
It reminds me alot of "Future Reminiscence" from Epic. The song has a good electronic sound to it, though it still has the organic textures Borknagar has become fond of in recent years. I guess the pulse the song has is very "living," despite the obvious synth. I suppose from the description Oystein gave originally, I was expecting something more akin to the latest batch of Ulver releases (Quick fix of melancholy, Blood Inside)...not to say I don't like this. Quite the opposite, in fact. I very much look forward to this album.

Thank you, Oystein and Mr. V :-D

I guess people have let the thoughts about this project expand quite wide and far, as we haven't had any mp3's on the web... the music is still very much metal but quite different than Borknagar and Vintersorg. Letting the keyboards have a vaster role when it comes to building up the atmosphere..of course everything has a part in that, still the more "symphonic" aspects is very important in Cronian. The album is very diverse so it's quite a trip.

mr V

Yes, the keyboards are fantastic and give the song a very grand and majestic sound. Looking forward to this one - I've always loved it when metal artists aren't afraid to experiment with different lead instruments than guitars.

The opening warp in Diode Earth reminds me of something I might have heard from the clockwork orange score. A slower warp montage in a deeper tone would set a chilling atmosphere as well.

I'll have to wait for the full album and its apparently greatly varied sounds to pass final judgment, as this song does sound a bit like Bork and Vintersorg combined, but at the same time the opening especially sounds really promising!

I'll just trust Mr. V about the diversity, and keep looking foward to its release.

Wow. Diode Earth is revelatory, transcendental stuff. Enigmatic, complex... vocals by Mr. V... what more can a guy ask for. Can't wait for the album! Seriously you guys are the best, I just can't get enough.