Cephalic Carnage

Relapse Records

New Metal Member
Jun 12, 2002
www.relapse.com
Cephalic Carnage's new album, "Lucid Interval," is now available through Relapse Records mailorder(streetdate isn't until August 20th)!
Musical arsonists CEPHALIC CARNAGE unveil Lucid Interval, a high-impact dose of unique sound(s) combining various styles of heavy music with elements of jazz-fusion and an ultra-keen sense of progression. Bending genres with wild counter-rhythms, exceptional musicianship and hairpin twists and turns, CEPHALIC CARNAGE excellerate creativity while delivering a thought-provoking eye-opening to the musical status quo.

Also available from Cephalic Carnage:
"Conforming to Abnormality" - Their debut is back in a limited release on Highbryd Records
"Split" - with Anal Blast. It has finally arrived! Sickest split ever! Limited to 1000 copies from Nightfall Terrorizer Records.

Also added: Nile tshirts/hoodies, Agoraphobic Nosebleed tshirts, and much much more!
http://shop.relapse.com

There are a couple things that I don't like about the previous post.

1) The derogatory NP (there is no need to bash homosexuals).
2) Relapse never returns my emails.

Why do they think they can come on this site and use it as a means to advertise?

Cephalic Carnage is great, Relapse Records is easily one of my favorite labels, but the previous post is simply self-promotion (along with a homophobic statement).

Originally posted by npearce
There are a couple things that I don't like about the previous post.

1) The derogatory NP (there is no need to bash homosexuals).
2) Relapse never returns my emails.

Why do they think they can come on this site and use it as a means to advertise?

Cephalic Carnage is great, Relapse Records is easily one of my favorite labels, but the previous post is simply self-promotion (along with a homophobic statement).

Dude,c'mon,dont be such a fag.

Maybe part of my point is that Relapse could actually contribute to the site, rather than just getting free promotion.

Why do you think the homophobic comment was presented in the Relapse post? Because they are trying to appeal to the average metalhead. LordFireworm, you just proved you're only average.

Originally posted by npearce

Why do you think the homophobic comment was presented in the Relapse post? Because they are trying to appeal to the average metalhead. LordFireworm, you just proved you're only average.

Haha.Dude,I was only joking.I guess body language is hard to read on the net though.
Anyway,you really think the average metal head is some homophobic redneck ignoramus?
Thats a depressing thought.
I agree about the Relaspe thing but the homophobic comments were only made in the "Now playing" thing as opposed to the actual press statement.
Once again,the fag thing was me being an ass.

Yeah, I agree with npearce.

Relapse do seem to have trouble replying to emails, even if you're a webzine trying to work out an interview. Out of about 10 emails I've sent to Carl (all at different time periods), he has replied to only ONE (the first).

How about we switch gears...

Which one of you queers ( :lol: ) HAS heard some Cephalic and can recommend a good "starting" album to someone who's going to see them like it or not opening for Kreator in 1 month? :D

I don't even own any Cephalic Carnage. I have heard them enough to know that they are very cool. So far, I think the new album might be the thing to go with. The first album kicks ass, but the new one seems to be getting some good word of mouth.

Ask the Denver guys. That's the area Cephalic Carnage is from.

LordFireworm: I didn't mean to seem to upset. I don't really think the average metalhead is homophobic, but I do think that the general public thinks that.

I heard some early cuts of the album when it was in process (friends with the producer). I will say I liked it more than I liked Exploiting Dysfunction, but it's still generally not my style. The new one is even more syncopated and over the top. There is a CRAZY part in one song where they repeat this one chord in a strange, seemingly random pattern. Like four times (break) three times (break) one time (break) nine times (break), etc. etc. It turns out that those numbers all together are one of the band member's phone numbers! HAHAH! They have a great sense of humor.

I also heard this very, very long song they did. Perhaps it's on that Anal Blast split? I can't remember. But it's not typical Cephalic, it was actually very, very doomy. Very cool song. They had some crazy effects in that too. I believe the bass player held a plastic bag in front of a mic and was crinkling it repeatedly to get this weird sound. They're definitely unique.

Live...like St. Vitus said, they're sooooo over the top. If Angus Young and the Tasmanian Devil had a child and it was born in a nuclear waste dump, that freakin' kid would come close to approximating the stage energy these guys give off. Quite entertaining.

I would wait for the new one to come out and then get that if you've never owned a cephalic record before. It's got the best production they've ever had and they are so all over the place on the record that there is somethign for everyone(almost). grind, death, stoner rock, doom, dillenger type shit, hardcore,whatever, they touch on just about everything. Cephalic aren't my favorite band by any means, but the new is their best one. Its got some great stuff, some very spaced out jazzy stuff, and some stuff that i absolutley hate and cant get into. i love seeing them live though...

exploiting is ok, but horribly produced and, i dunno, something doesn't sit right with me on that. i've only heard their first disc once and its ok too.

as far as relapse using this to promote, who cares. its a fuckin message board, thats one of the purposes of a board.

Not this message board... if they'd posted it on the actual Self Promotion board I wouldn't mind so much... so that's where it's going now. :)

Also, they suck because they never reply to my emails either. Let's face it, it is taking the piss rather to totally ignore requests for information or help from a webzine then try to whore yourself on the same 'zine you've snubbed... perhaps I should try to organise with Relapse exactly what time they'd like to come round my house and shit on my floor...

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
Not this message board... if they'd posted it on the actual Self Promotion board I wouldn't mind so much... so that's where it's going now. :)

Also, they suck because they never reply to my emails either. Let's face it, it is taking the piss rather to totally ignore requests for information or help from a webzine then try to whore yourself on the same 'zine you've snubbed... perhaps I should try to organise with Relapse exactly what time they'd like to come round my house and shit on my floor...

Nicely put. I knew somebode would agree with me.

Originally posted by The Wanderer
people would post on the self promotion board if it got a respectable amount of views.

The number of views the Self Promotion forum gets isn't the responsibility of the admins or moderators. Ensuring that posts aren't made in inappropriate forums is. This is a promotional post, and belongs in the Self Promotion forum. Simple as that. :)