Certain Songs, Never Live?

Rotten Flesh

Jan 11, 2005
why are there certain songs hypocrisy never played live? i understand that there are some tracks, that could be hardly left out(like eraser, fire in the sky, roswell 47), but i would love to see drained live. or the arrival of the demons II(or paled empty sphere, all turns black, hatred with the cool symphonic part, disconneted magnetic corridors...), man that would be so awsome...

peter also said, that they will never play slipping away live. why?

I always imagined that when/if Hypocrisy does its final "Farewell Concert" it will play all those special songs live.

Living to Die
All Turns Black
Deathrow
Paled Empty Sphere

and the last song will be Slippin' Away.

I understand why these songs don't get played live. Hypocrisy needs to compete with other bands at the show to catch the attention of the audience. The best way to do so is to look like the most kickass band there by playing fast and brutal songs. Playing the lighter songs live may appear to unexperienced fans as a sign of weakness from the band.

I completely understand why they'd never play Slippin Away live. that, living to die etc use sung vocals, (and deathrow for example doesnt) and he seems to like to scream his vocals live rather than any of their other styles.

The Arrival Of The Demons (Part II) would be wicked live, but yea, I think they've said before in an interview that they prefer to play the heavy and fast stuff at concerts (I guess that's the vibe they think the crowd wants more than their mid-tempo pieces)

so I guess they've just ruled out some as not gunna be what the crowd wants and not how they want to play at a gig.

While I really like the slower softer songs, I think they just don't lend themselves to live play. Other songs, like Fire in the Sky, sound better live. I rarely listen to it while at home because I prefer such songs as Arrival of the Demons Part II or Slippin' Away, but it was awesome when I saw them live.