Hypocrisy: best when death metal or not?

Best when "death metal" or no?

• Total voters

[0hr]Sunlapse

Wraith
Oct 1, 2002
Rumson, NJ
www.getyourasstomars.com
Exactly what the title says. Hypocrisy are pretty diverse and have a lot of stuff that can simply be called "death metal", and a lot that isn't death metal at all. But when do you think Hypocrisy shines the most? I often hear people say that the "true" Hypocrisy lies in their death metal material, but I feel they've done their best work by in songs like Disconnected Magnetic Corridors, Reversed Reflections, Paled Empty Sphere, Elastic Inverted Visions, Until the End, Seeds of the Chosen One, On the Edge of Madness, hell, even the big "hit" Roswell 47 isn't exactly death metal, etc. etc.... and while I love The Arrival for example, a much more death metal effort, it just doesn't seem to be lasting to me as much as the S/T or Catch 22.... I fucking love their whole catalouge as they have quickly become one of my definate favorite bands, but, you know.... just sayin'.....

Definetly their slower, moodier, songs. Disconnected Magnetic Corridors, Until The End, and Paled Empty Sphere are my favorite ones like that. His voice just takes me to another place, puts more meaning into the song. Done get me wrong, albums like Penetralia and Osculum Obscenum were beyond kick ass, but the Self Titled and The Final Chapter just blow me away.

Peter is total ownage.

Right on! some people that respect the slower, doomy Hypo stuff. My fav slow tracks are All Turns Black, The Departure, Paled empty sphere, drained, and slippin away. Of all of these, All Truns Black is probably my fav. The chourus is just awesome-Tagtgren's multi tracked vocals are so bad ass sounding on that part.

escape is to die
penatrailia
osculum obscenum
pleasure of molestation
black metal (cover)
symbol of baphomet
north wind
mind corruption
killing art
evil invaders
adjusting the sun
apocolyptic hybrid
fusion programed minds
legions decend
blinded
erased
new world

this is hypocrisy at thier finest... death metal that inspires thought and emotion. complex melodies laid down with the neccisarry speed and brutality to keep it DEATH. this talent of writing thoughtful, inspiring melodies is lost on almost everyother band with the exception of newer Kataklysm.

i love all of hypocs music,.. some much more than others (notice nothing from catch 22 was included, seeds of the chosen one would have made it, but it just kinda becomes almost like a joan jet song at some points).. the doomy stuff is great, not my fav though. real QUALITY death metal, this is why i always have some hypocrisy in my winamp. no other band can deliver the sheer musical integrity in death metal that they can.

anyways, just my opinion, but hypoc is THE state of the art melodic DEATH metal band. thats why ive loved them since day one.

I'll certainly agree that their DM material is some of the best around, and I definately wouldn't want them to abandon the style completely. I like them to keep a good mix.

although....

obz said:
seeds of the chosen one would have made it, but it just kinda becomes almost like a joan jet song at some points
:guh: ......... no comment... thats even one of my top 5 hypocrisy songs

Mid-tempo death metal stuff is their bread and butter for me. Paradox from Abducted is the best example of this, and is also my favorite Hypocrisy song (tied with A Coming Race).

hypocrisy is a band that truly have shown the world tht they r amazing at whutever they do since im more of a doom metal fand i love the fourth dimension and the final chapter but i damm enjoy penterelia and osculum indeed they r gut ripping death metal :D and yes GOD IS A FUCKIN LIE!!! :D

I simply love the songs you mention, but I still consider them "death metal" simply because it's Hypocrisy, I guess. I live in the midwest and radio around here would never even consider playing ANY Hypo song, no matter how tame.

meh, my 2 cents.