peter's clean voice

Firefest9

Hypocrisy rules!!!!!
Jan 18, 2002
Las Cruces, NM
Visit site
It seems that alot of people on this site like all the more "brutal" hypocrisy stuff. I love that stuff too, but i really like the slower, more doomy stuff with peter's clean voice. Songs like final chapter, all turns black(a fav of mine), paled empty sphere, disconnected magnetic corridors, slippin away and drained are some awesome songs! Peter's clean voice is awesome on all of these.

I have to admit, even though i am not a huge fan of Catch 22, it has some fine moments(destroyed, uncontrolled, seeds of the chosen one, and All turns black). All turns black is such an awesome song-so dark and depressing! awesome lyrics!

what do you guys think of peter's clean voice?

Personally I love it. Slippin' Away is awesome as well as others you mentioned.

Elastic Inverted Visions is one of my favorite songs of all time. Reversed Reflections, Paled Empty Sphere are also great. There aren't too many Hypocrisy songs that I don't like. I can't wait for the next album.

I like to have a mix of brutal and melodic, which Hypocrisy does amazingly well.

Decepticon said:
Yeah, his clean vocals rule there is no doubt about that. Drained, Reversed, Paled Empty Sphere... all great clean vocal work.
I hate to stray off subject here. Hey Rob K, i see your from Madison, WI. Thats awesome! Im from Rockford, IL, but i moved to NM for grad school. Madison is alot of fun. Im shure you make it to EarWax records pretty often
cheers
Eric

Firefest9 said:
Songs like final chapter, all turns black(a fav of mine), paled empty sphere, disconnected magnetic corridors, slippin away and drained are some awesome songs! Peter's clean voice is awesome on all of these.

I concur. :kickass:

My favorite song with his clean vocals would have to be 'Inquire Within'.

Firefest9 said:
I hate to stray off subject here. Hey Rob K, i see your from Madison, WI. Thats awesome! Im from Rockford, IL, but i moved to NM for grad school. Madison is alot of fun. Im shure you make it to EarWax records pretty often
cheers
Eric
Dude, I'm not Rob K, but yeah, Earwax is great. Rob and Dave are two of the coolest dudes that I know, and I would have to say that at least 60 to 70% of the cd's I get are from there. Rockford is harsh shit btw, more murders per capita than even Chicago. I should know, my boss is one of the owner's of Sam's Pizza.

ehm ... don't you mean "request denied"?
"inquire within" has only 2-3 clean parts, the rest is ultra-growling :Spin:

ntl,
i also think that his voice is one of the most variable in metal,
just compare "slippin' away" to "fuck u" to "a coming race"!

VilenesS said:
ehm ... don't you mean "request denied"?
"inquire within" has only 2-3 clean parts, the rest is ultra-growling :Spin:

I'm aware that 'Inquire Within' only has a few clean vocal parts, as does 'The Final Chapter'.
I just wanted to add that I like the way the clean vocals (as short lived as they may be within the song) sound in that song in particular. That's all :)

VilenesS said:
ntl,
i also think that his voice is one of the most variable in metal,
just compare "slippin' away" to "fuck u" to "a coming race"!

Agreed :D

Firefest9 said:
cheers
Eric

Eric/Firefest: How do you like it in New Mexico?

I feel like a tard, but I've not heard of EarWax records! :ill: :erk:

Luckily I've been able to find everything Hypocrisy at the Exclusive Company. I used to frequent the Razor Room before it closed down - that place had unbelievable amounts of obscure and hard-to-find music and merchandise.

Digital Prophecy said:
I'm aware that 'Inquire Within' only has a few clean vocal parts, as does 'The Final Chapter'.
I just wanted to add that I like the way the clean vocals (as short lived as they may be within the song) sound in that song in particular. That's all :)
argh ... well, forgive me then :dopey:

and yes, "inquire within" live would definitely kick ass

The Scourge said:
Dude, I'm not Rob K, but yeah, Earwax is great. Rob and Dave are two of the coolest dudes that I know, and I would have to say that at least 60 to 70% of the cd's I get are from there. Rockford is harsh shit btw, more murders per capita than even Chicago. I should know, my boss is one of the owner's of Sam's Pizza.

rockford does suck a big one-thats why i dont live there anymore:D