I HAVE NOTICED...SOMETHING INTERESTING..

doom_death

Katatonia&Hypocrisy Fan
Sep 4, 2005
Zagreb,Croatia[Hrvatska]
Well...maybe it was discussion about that, maybe not, it's not important..so, what I have noticed..many of you complaining about clean vocals, slow songs, etc...everybody's favorits are 'deep vocals'...that means, 4th dimension and some of the virus/bloodbath style...but it is interesting that 90% of favorite songs by fans are: 'until the end, paled empty sphere, living to die,all turns black,slippin' away...,which means CLEAN vocals, or very high growling...(Until the end) ofcourse, they are mine favorites too, and I also prefer growling style..althrough I adore clean singing of Peter...very depressive stuff then... I would like to here your opinion..

THANX

i belong to the 10% group

4th dimension is the best album.(apocalypse, fourth dimension, slaughtered, path to babylon, black forest,...)
fav. song of abducted: arrival of the demons II. do i need to say more? :)

4th dem. is the best album till peter records penetralia/OO with his vocals, maybe :lol:

most of the music I listen to has vocalists who alternate between dirty and clean vocals. I enjoy the diversity in vocal styles.

That's one reason I love Hypocrisy, it's the vocal diversity, and I enjoy all of Peter's vocal styles.

p.s. the old dude I mow lawns for is from Croatia. Slavic pride!

I've always loved Hypocrisy for that mid-tempo style, no one can match them on it. They have a lot of great death metal, but I think it's great that they bring together a range of styles which they're good at, and make this unique sound, rather than neglecting some of the influence to make a particular 'genre' standard product most likely to appeal 100% to a target audience.

I've never thought about it. For me all songs have their needed style of vox. Every album has its own absolute hit or hits which are enjoyed by the most part of listeners.

Seditious said:
I've always loved Hypocrisy for that mid-tempo style, no one can match them on it. They have a lot of great death metal, but I think it's great that they bring together a range of styles which they're good at, and make this unique sound, rather than neglecting some of the influence to make a particular 'genre' standard product most likely to appeal 100% to a target audience.

I have to agree with all these..It really is important not to repeat itself over again and again, and different vocals are really helpful for do that..but..maybe I am imagining things, but I really think that Hypocrisy's slower songs are generally better :rolleyes: