ATOED : fan reviews

Supernova

Jan 15, 2005
The Disclosure
Now that we can start to talk openly about it.
So?
Up to the expectations?

For me its a 9/10 like Virus (well a tiny bit better than virus so 9.25)

Pros :
- GREAT prod quality
- catchy tunes
- long album, and you dont get bored a single second
- We can hear Mikael's bass a bit more, and I love the tone of it
- it sounds like Hypocrisy should :devil:

Cons :
- we'll have to wait 2 years until the next album :p
- Absence of clean voice, no atmospheric song like Slippin away, Paled empty spheres...Living to die etc etc.

these are personal remarks that I wouldnt consider as 'cons' or 'pros'
- maybe the album could have used one more very agressive totally death metal oriented tune like Craving for another killing or Blooddrenched
- Peter vocals are agressive and REALLY cool, but saying they are as DM as Final chapter or Nightmare made flesh would be stupid. Its not really a matter of how low the growls are but just how the vocals cut in the mix. On both albums previously mentionned, the vocals are mixed louder in the mix than on any other album, add the loudness of the growls to that...of course it will sound agressive as hell.
- Peter seems to have completely or almost erased the ''many vocal layers at the same time, including a clean voice'' singing approach from his repertory since Catch 22. Its a wee bit sad, many of the greatest tunes from ST had that (Until the end, Elastic inverted visions) I think you can hear it once on the last album, when he says Tamed filled with fear.

Fave songs on the album :
- Valley
- Weed out
-No tomorrow
-Alive
-The quest
-Tamed
-Skys falling down

other songs are excellent too

in the end, the 4 years between the new album and virus passed by quite fast. :zombie:

and hell, it was worth it! I got the album just yesterday and resisted to listen to the ripped versions, so i'm still within a state of ecstasy.

as far as i'm concerned, there is no major flaw on this album. there are better songs like solar empire, hang him high and the quest that just flow fine, but of course some songs that i need to listen to more often in the next week - so they can grow on me.

i like the guitar sound which reminds me of virus, but the actual tone is more cozy. pretty nice.

lyrics within the booklet, greatness!

i never really thought peter could beat his past vocal performances, and although i miss the low growles, the screaming is just outstanding! take for example the change in his voice between :50 and 1:10 of HHH. brilliant.

the actual sound structure seems more straight forward, i miss some of the genius melodies that made virus so versatile.

the drumming is... kinda boring.

peace out

Hypocrisy has never been a drum-oriented band thats for sure...but at least now the blastbeats arent wreckage like they used to be with Lars ;)

and its good to have you back around man!

Pro:
- I really enjoy listening to this one again and again (listening for hours now :D).
- Just 2 Years till the next one, not 4 like after Virus.
- It seems to feature alot of styles from previous album, which I really like, it never gets boring (e.g. I wasn't able to listen to "The Arrival" for so long in a row).
- This is why I use a "Teufel" soundsystem, to blast of my ears with such music.

Contra:
- I would have liked even lower vocals.
- I also would have liked some clean vocals like in "Final Chapter".
- Just 12 Songs, I WANT MOAR!!!
- 2 Years till the next one damnit... which means that painful counting will haunt us again (Greetings to Shadoweagle).

Favourites:
- Valley of the Damned
- Weed out the Weak
- No Tomorrow
- Sky's falling down
- Alive
- Tamed (Filled with Fear)
- The Sinner

Hypocrisy has never been a drum-oriented band thats for sure...but at least now the blastbeats arent wreckage like they used to be with Lars ;)

Ha, don't tell me! It's not like i was new to Hypo, but i liked the drumming on Virus better. Dunno, but some passages seemed to be off.

and its good to have you back around man!

thanks! and as i can see on your counter, you've been busy during my absence :D registered the same month ha!

Just 12 Songs

I'm very satisfied with the length of ATOED. Be realistic, it's nearly an hour of music. I know many bands that need to work pretty fucking hard to get at least half of that.

2 Years till the next one damnit

The european tour and the album itself will make that a short time, i tell ya!

actually, that was kind of intended back then. i was studiing psychology (and still am) and made a short experiment. the simple fact of putting a "woman like" avatar under my name made many people believe i was female. the style of writing or commenting was not, and I do believe, if i never had that avatar, nobody ever would have thought i was NOT male.

i wrote a homework about "autosuggestion, perception and internet chat / boards".

but i won't go any further into that. :lol:

lol cool, yeah I remember you having a zombie-like chick as an avatar.
That shows how quickly a death metal fan will assume a poster is a lady with very few hints.
I guess it means that (hot) death metal chicks are rare and rather priceless.
Thank God (or goat) we have a few around here :D

and there I go being off topic in my own topic again.LOL

ATOED FTW

you are a girl
and your signature fucking rocks

:oops:

@topic: ATOED goes to my top 5 metal albums for this year.I really like it,and i thought its going to be complete shit.
My fav songs would be

valey of the damned
alive
weed out the weak
global domination