Chain Of Command official release!!!!!

Mr Blackwell

Greenface
Dec 29, 2003
Vienna, Austria, Europe
I just bought the new issue of HEAVY ODER WAS!?, a German metal magazine.
It features an interview with Mark Briody, focussing on the official release of the 1987 studio album CHAIN OF COMMAND!!! YEAH!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!
Mark told the interviewer that he talked to Bob Parduba and Christian Lesegue last year, who surprisingly were both enthusiastic about an official release of their Chain Of Command album. Century Media were interested too, and so the album will finally be released on June 21, 2004!!!
According to Mark the album sounds ten times better than the bootleg and features two bonustracks:
When The Walls Come Down, which Mark likes better than everything else on the album, and a "live" version of Battle Zones, sung by Bob Parduba. Mark said that it's actually a studio recording, but they wanted to prove to themselves that they were capable of making it sound like a live recording (like so many other bands with their false "live" albums).
The official Chain Of Command CD will be limited to 5000 copies worldwide - "for the die-hards only".
Asked about the recording process of the new album CASTING THE STONES, Mark told that Bob Parduba will sing backing vocals on the new album!!!
The same issue of the magazine also features a raving review of the new Chain Of Command release and a shot of the new CD cover. The cover artwork is mainly brown, black and yellow (very dark, similar to Mechanized Warfare) and shows something like a warzone with strange looking flying objects in front of a cloudy sky. And now I'm surfing to amazon to order this rare gem :)

I don't think the Battlezones live track is on the release. I sent Century Media masters with 1 extra track (When the Walls) and 2 extra tracks (When the Walls and Battlezones). I told them that Bob wanted to give Battlezones a listen before it was given the o.k. for the release. So I believe Century Media just used the master with 1 extra track. If this is true I will ask Zac to put the Battleszones live track on the website.

It's true Bob sang backing vocals on 'Casting the Stones'. He was in the studio Sunday. Bob, Jim Morris and I laid down some backing vocals. The came out great, Bob was able to hit the highs very well.

'Casting the Stones' is coming out GREAT! We're about 70% percent done. All drums and rhythm guitars are complete. Half the vocals and half the bass is done also. I'm very happy with the songs. Chris has delivered some awesome layered and complex songs complete with some intense polyrhythms. My songs have much more harmony guitar work then my previous writing.

We're also using some different gear - amps, cymbals, drums, etc. The production is going to be very cool. We also used some different tunings on the album.

Look for an mp3 in a month or so.

Mark

Mr Blackwell said:
I just bought the new issue of HEAVY ODER WAS!?, a German metal magazine.
It features an interview with Mark Briody, focussing on the official release of the 1987 studio album CHAIN OF COMMAND!!! YEAH!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!
Mark told the interviewer that he talked to Bob Parduba and Christian Lesegue last year, who surprisingly were both enthusiastic about an official release of their Chain Of Command album. Century Media were interested too, and so the album will finally be released on June 21, 2004!!!
According to Mark the album sounds ten times better than the bootleg and features two bonustracks:
When The Walls Come Down, which Mark likes better than everything else on the album, and a "live" version of Battle Zones, sung by Bob Parduba. Mark said that it's actually a studio recording, but they wanted to prove to themselves that they were capable of making it sound like a live recording (like so many other bands with their false "live" albums).
The official Chain Of Command CD will be limited to 5000 copies worldwide - "for the die-hards only".

Whats the track list and who is Bob Parduba? Is he only singing on the one song?

yeah but a lot of the songs from chain of command are included in some of the recent releases, so that was why the question

BlindPanzer said:
Whats the track list and who is Bob Parduba? Is he only singing on the one song? is Harry gonna be handling vocals on this?

The answers to your questions can be found at www.jagpanzer.com

But I'll try to explain anyway:

Harry Conklin and Joey Tafolla left Jag Panzer after Ample Destruction and the recording of the Shadow Thief demo.
Bob Parduba (vocals) and Christian Lesegue (guitar) joined the band and Jag Panzer recorded the Chain Of Command album in 1987. The album featured some songs from the Shadow Thief demo but was never officially released (until next week :headbang: ).
Jag Panzer re-recorded some of the Shadow Thief- and Chain Of Command-songs with Harry Conklin (on The Fourth Judgment, The Age Of Mastery and Decade Of The Nail Spiked Bat) because it seemed the original album would never see the light of day.
And next week the original Chain Of Command album will finally be released in all its glory plus one studio bonus track (from the C.o.C. recording sessions, I think) and maybe one "live" bonus track (maybe not), all recorded by the Chain Of Command line-up back in the 80s.
Harry Conklin had nothing to do with the recording of the original album and will therefore not be heard on the Chain Of Command-CD.

For the track list and more information please check out the discography section on www.jagpanzer.com

I received my copy yesterday and listened to it twice :headbang:
With the crystal clear production it really sounds much better than the bootleg - an absolute joy to listen to.
The "live" version of Battle Zones is not on the CD, but the studio bonus track When The Walls Come Down, which is some kind of "Power Ballad". Not bad, but not one of the CD's highlights IMHO. I like Chain Of Command, Shadow Thief etc. much better.
And the song list on the back cover gets more and more blurred from song to song. No problem with the first few lines, but "11. When The Walls Come Down (Previously Unreleased) (4:47)" is totally out of focus and hardly readable.
But that's not really a reason to complain. I urge everybody here to get this fantastic CD as soon as possible.
And the ***** who started the thread "How much better would JP sound with a different singer" can finally put his money where his mouth is and check out how "much better" JP sounds with a different singer.

ONWARD TO VICTORY!

Bought my copy today!First of all it was kind of strange to listen to another JP voice than Harry's.I must say he did a good job.Not Harry's variety,but nothing to complain....Also was surprised about "Never surrender".Didn't know that it is the same song as the "The Viper".(Shame over me! :worship: ).
All in all a good job.But now i am really looking forward NEW songs! :headbang: :headbang:

Mr Blackwell said:
With the crystal clear production it really sounds much better than the bootleg - an absolute joy to listen to.

I'll second that!
It seems that the bootleg that was circulating around was transferred from some worn out tape, it's very muddy and depraved of any high freqs.
It's nice to actually hear some cymbals, after all! :D

For the record, I really prefer Bob's vocal arrangement on "Chain of Command" to Harry's. I can't possibly imagine why Harry would remove that godly backing vocal singing in third (hope I've expressed it right...) to the main vocal. Mark?

I've just bought Chain of Command and it sounds so mcuh better than the bootleg, indeed. Cool new cover art as well!

A nice piece of collection (and music!) for every JP fan :hotjump: