Chain Of Command/Shadow Thief question

Mr Blackwell

Greenface
Dec 29, 2003
Vienna, Austria, Europe
I ordered the Chain Of Command and Shadow Thief bootleg CDs via ebay and should get them any day. I always had the impression that some of the recordings were identical on both CDs.
But now that I've done a Google search for "Mark Briody" and Interview and read a lot of Mark's very interesting and sometimes very funny interviews, I've come to the conclusion that
Shadow Thief was a demo that Jag Panzer recorded with Harry Conklin after the release of Ample Destruction and
Chain Of Command was a completely recorded and produced album with replacement singer Bob Parduba and re-recorded songs from the Shadow Thief demo.
Is this observation correct?
If so, I'm even more enthusiastic and can't wait to finally get and hear them :Spin:

Yep it's correct, the COC bootleg is sung by Parduba, whereas ST is sung by Tyrant.

But I'm not sure Mark would like us to make promotion of these releases, for the band had been ripped off several times...

Fangface said:
Yep it's correct, the COC bootleg is sung by Parduba, whereas ST is sung by Tyrant.

But I'm not sure Mark would like us to make promotion of these releases, for the band had been ripped off several times...

Well, these two CDs are featured in the Discography section of the Official Jag Panzer site (yes, I know they are bootlegs), so I guess it was Mark himself who did whet my appetite for these recordings :cool:

I surely didn't want to promote these releases, I just want to express my enthusiasm for all things Jag Panzer, and I'm sure all of us here already have all the available official Jag Panzer recordings.

And, btw, I just got the message that my CDs are in town (at the customs office), so I'll get them very soon (Monday, I hope)! I just can't wait :hotjump:

And to everybody else who's reading this:
Do yourself a favor and don't buy the mentioned bootleg CDs, unless you have already purchased every officially available Jag Panzer record! ;)

Mr Blackwell said:
And to everybody else who's reading this:
Do yourself a favor and don't buy the mentioned bootleg CDs, unless you have already purchased every officially available Jag Panzer record! ;)
eheh well said :headbang:

I got the CDs this monday.
They sound good for bootlegs but pale in comparison to the re-recorded versions.
But what's that sound in the middle of Shadow Thief (Shadow Thief demo)? Sounds like a typewriter! (???)