Champions Hockey League

I love hockey and so do a lot of other UM members, but nobody gives a fuck about Champions League hockey. Hell, we don't even have a thread for Champions League Football/Soccer, and that's a much bigger deal.

Who cares about this stuff. Only like a month left before the NHL season starts.

It's new. I think it's gonna be big. Give it time.
And hockey is 10 times a sport than any form of Football.

http://chasingthedragons.wordpress.com/2014/08/22/the-chl-is-coming-why-you-should-be-watching-the-champions-hockey-league/
Why You Should Be Watching The Champions’ Hockey League
This is a competition on a scale that’s rarely been seen in Europe-and teams will have the chance to qualify as national champions year in, year out. It’s a genuine attempt to do something special in European hockey-and while attempts for such things as the “Champions’ Trophy” have been seen before, this is the first time it’s been done on this scale.

But what about if you’re not European? Why should you watch it?

Simply put, because this is some of the cream of European hockey action. There are some in North America who think big-time hockey stops whenever you hit an ocean while travelling in any direction from NA, but it really doesn’t. The CHL gives you a chance to see those European NHL prospects you’d not normally be able to track-like Boston’s Anton Blidh in Frolunda, for example. It also could allow you to spot the next great Euro wonderkid (names like Karpat Oulu’s 16-year-old Finnish prodigy Jesse Puljujarvi, for example)…and assess them playing against bigger, experienced players rather than under the usual “junior tournament” conditions.

http://www.gfycat.com/NaiveBlackBustard

It's new. I think it's gonna be big. Give it time.
And hockey is 10 times a sport than any form of Football.

I prefer hockey too, but the UEFA Champions League includes some of the best teams in the World from the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc. Currently, the SHL, KHL, and SM-Liiga, are all secondary leagues in hockey.

I prefer hockey too, but the UEFA Champions League includes some of the best teams in the World from the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc. Currently, the SHL, KHL, and SM-Liiga, are all secondary leagues in hockey.

maybe...
But there's team I give a shit about in CHL.

Eighth-finals

Finland JYP
Sweden Skellefteå AIK

Czech Republic Sparta Prague
Sweden Linköping HC

Finland TPS
Finland Lukko

Sweden Luleå Hockey
Austria Red Bull Salzburg

Switzerland Genève-Servette
Finland SaiPa

Finland Oulun Kärpät