Changing the click sound in cubase 5

Import a cowbell audio sample (single hit in the file, starting from 0), and copypaste it enough for one full bar. Then copypaste the full bar, and then copypaste the new full region (ie. 1 bar -> 2 bars -> 4 bars -> 8 bars -> 16 bars, etc) until you have enough for the full song. Shouldn't take too long, because the amount increases exponentially when you copypaste all existing samples.

For more flexibility, use a simple drum machine, like LM-7 and use a midi file. That way you can adjust the tempo and timing on the fly quite easily. If you want a different sound, just use Aptrigga or Drumagog ;)

You can actually set the click to play through a VSTi like Halion One. Then you can use any sound that particular VSTi plays. I think it's in the under Transport / Metronome.

Edit: And you wouldn't have to create a MIDI file for that.

I couldn't stand the click in Cubase, so i got a cowbell sample from freesound and that is what i use now.

Yeah like so:

Picture1-31.png

Picture2-24.png

Picture3-18.png

Picture4-13.png

Picture5-10.png

There ya go.

You can actually set the click to play through a VSTi like Halion One. Then you can use any sound that particular VSTi plays. I think it's in the under Transport / Metronome.

Edit: And you wouldn't have to create a MIDI file for that.

d'oh!
Haha, I've been in the Metronome setup menu a thousand times on different occassions and I'm perfectly aware of the Midi click option, yet it had never occurred to me to route it through there and not bother with midi tracks. *facepalm*

Good thing I've only needed this a couple of times, so it's not a big deal.

Picture5-10.png

can't you just disable the MIDI click, activate the audio click, and then select a sample that you want to use??

Yes but I don't think you can export it that way (at least with previous versions of Cubase)
Whereas you can use the midi click + real-time export

Why don't you just get the sounds you want, and simply tick the 'Activate audio click' option?

This way you don't need VSTis, MIDI or anything else...

I exported the PT click, both accented and unaccented and run it from the straight audio files on my HDD.

I looked it up and was gonna post but GT beat me to it. Anyway that's how it works. It's really simple and a cool feature.

Thanks for the PT Clicks Ermz.