how to export click track from cubase 4?

nickname009

New Metal Member
Jun 16, 2007
Running some odd version of cubase, it's cubase 4 LE. I want to be able to export the click track as a .wav or any other sound file so I can load it into let's say an MP3 player, and have my drummer play along to it. Our songs have a lotta tempo changes and he needs to start gettin used to'em. How can I do this with cubase? Or if i can't, how else can one do it???

Thanks in advance!

You have to create a midi track and programe the metronome hits in by hando_O

Why software with that many features cant let you export the click track is beyond me:cry:

You have to create a midi track and programe the metronome hits in by hando_O

Why software with that many features cant let you export the click track is beyond me:cry:

Not quite.

You set the metronome to play through a VST (the included drum VST in cubase works perfectly) then you export that track.

..that is quite sad!

Before I do this, (never really used the midi tracks before but shouldn't be a problem), are or can the plcements (or hits) for the click snap-enabled?

Sad? Wah. Cry me a river, it's not like it's a ridiculously meticulous and elaborate process to click about 4 times and route the damn click signal through the provided drum VSTi in Cubase... It's getting really annoying to hear people bash something they apparently have clue about...

Sorry if that came off harsh but jesus...

~006

Sad? Wah. Cry me a river, it's not like it's a ridiculously meticulous and elaborate process to click about 4 times and route the damn click signal through the provided drum VSTi in Cubase... It's getting really annoying to hear people bash something they apparently have clue about...

~006

Yea your right its not that much of a big deal but still it would be nice if the option to export the click track as a wave file was there on the mixdown menu or something it would make life that little bit better. But like you said its not a deal breaker or anything.

Do it old school, boys! Just like you do it when patching in a studio.

Route the output of the click to the output of your interface. patch from the interface out to an input channel on said interface. From there, you just route the input to an audio channel in cubase and record the click track.

~006
I think we are on a similar wavelegth