CHARITY BUYING DAY FOR MR BYFORD!!!

FLAMENKO

Naples Saxon Guard
Mar 30, 2005
naples, italy
www.musicnow.it
HI SAXON FANS,

i PROPOSE EVERYBODY A CHARITY BUYING DAY FOR MR BIFF BYFORD.

MY IDEA IS THAT ON THURSDAY 7TH APRIL 2005 EVERYBODY BUYS

A SAXON RECORD, WHATEVER YOU WANT CD OR VYNIL OR DVD.

I DON'T CARE IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ALL SAXON RECORD (i ALSO HAVE ALL THE STUFF)

IF YOU AGREE, LET ME KNOW

LET'S SUPPORT BIFF!!!!

I'd gladly re-buy any album, if i thought it would do any good, but lets face it the record companys make all the money from CD sales really!

Its a nice suggestion, keep the ideas coming people, im open to just about anything we can do to help as i am sure you guys are too.

Nice idea, Flamenko, but like Valanx stated - I can't see how it could be perceived as a charity for Biff. And, as I've said before, I don't think Biff would particularly want charity for this situation. But, I'm sure he'd like something of sentiment only his fans could provide.

Regarding buying Saxon merchandise on a specific day, however, is a cool idea none-the less. Fans could have a 'Saxon Day', you know? That sounds good to me. People could do their best to buy something Saxon related that they have never had before (vinyl, patches, badges, programmes, T-shirts etc) and it would provided plenty to talk about on the forum!

Good idea. There are a couple I don't have. I'll just order of Amazon if I can't buy it here. OH, wait, I don't have the DVD yet, I'll get that. Nice idea.

to everybody who replied to my post:

THANK YOU, I KNEW SAXON FAN HAD GREAT HEART!

YES MAYBE RECORD COMPANY TAKE MOST PART OF THE MONEY, BUT I GUESS IT COULD BE A SPECIAL DAY FOR SAXON FAN TO SHOW THEIR
AFFECTION/ADDICTION TO THE BAND.

A DAY TO COMMUNICATE ON THE FORUM, SHARE MEMORIES OF THE BAND AND MAKE OUR BEST WISHES TO BYFORD AND HIS FAMILY.

IF ANYBODY HAS MORE SUGGESTIONS DON'T HESITATE TO WRITE 'EM DOWN!

Flamenko - yeah, it always amazes me of just what a great bunch of people Saxon fans are! You are a fine reflection of this!!
Your recent idea of sending Biff your own memoribillia is a nice thought. I bet he is gutted about losing all his material memories in such a way.
Anyhow, I still like your idea of having an official Saxon day! It would be nice to make it a day that relates to a Saxon song or event.

I don't get all you people on this board, why do you think that Biff has a huge economical crisis? for god's sake it didnt say anything about something like that in the announcement, and still you get crazy and say you should buy albums (and in other threads donate money??). I guess he had insurance didn't he? And he lost everything that he has done the last 25 years, but still, it's only material, and, it is things, not lives, noone died or anything. He's probably just chocked.

Hey im not an asshole, but all of you should just calm down a bit ok! the book for the fans to sign is a good idea, but you know, giving money? And buying records, as a matter of fact, won't really give Biff any money anyway.

I really hope that it doesn't means the end, that would really be bad.

Crusader - I think you may have come into this conversation a little late.I suggest you check out the other threads to see how this subject has progressed.
You ain't a asshole, don't worry about it. We just needed an intelligent conversation to come up with the best idea for Biff. It was then decided that this was not a matter of finance etc. and a decision was made.
Also, I can assure you that myself - and the other forum members - are very, very calm kind of people, and that is why we discuss things in such a way.
Check out the other thread, Mate, and please join in. The more the better, you know?

Crusader said:
noone died

can´t someone have a nice idea without the fact that someone died ? i think its a way for some dudes here to show biff that that they are with him in his disaster. the loss of such stuff collected over 25 years is a tragedy with has nothing to do with money or anything. money can be earned anytime but memorabilias are gone forever. i think this idea is better than to throw little cuddly toys on the stage so biff is covered in them :)

if there was a store where biff would sell t-shirts with hand-painted eagles or smurfs with saxon painted on the belly i would be the first who will buy that stuff :headbang:

some girls would pay any price to get a poster with a nude biff located on a white beach with a longdrink in his hand - a wonderful shore and a romantic sunset in the background.

i know two of them :tickled:

SAXONATOR said:
..If there was a store where biff would sell t-shirts with hand-painted eagles or smurfs with saxon painted on the belly i would be the first who will buy that stuff

Mate, id be the next in line for that!

"if there was a store where biff would sell t-shirts with hand-painted eagles or smurfs with saxon painted on the belly i would be the first who will buy that stuff"

Yeah - Saxon Smurfs would be cool, wouldn't they? What a fantastic marketing idea! Those little bastards are bound to make a come back some time and Saxon could get in on the act!!

"can´t someone have a nice idea without the fact that someone died ?"

Saxonator:I completely agree - we (people) seem to avoid any form of sentiment or tribute until it's too late. But, when the individual in question DOES pass on, the media tend to over-react and create a frenzy of sugar-coated attention. I think it then comes across false and rather shallow!

"some girls would pay any price to get a poster with a nude biff located on a white beach with a longdrink in his hand - a wonderful shore and a romantic sunset in the background.i know two of them!"

HA! Any chance of these two young ladies' contact details? I really don't mind putting on a Biff-like wig and singing 'Wheels Of Steel' for 'em!
I think I'm a little shorter than Biff, though!

nightwar said:
....when the individual in question DOES pass on, the media tend to over-react and create a frenzy of sugar-coated attention. I think it then comes across false and rather shallow!

Yeah man! And what about the Record companys!!! Elvis, Hendrix and Nirvana et al. still getting stuff released!! There is pure profit for you!

SAXONATOR said:
can´t someone have a nice idea without the fact that someone died ? i think its a way for some dudes here to show biff that that they are with him in his disaster. the loss of such stuff collected over 25 years is a tragedy with has nothing to do with money or anything. money can be earned anytime but memorabilias are gone forever. i think this idea is better than to throw little cuddly toys on the stage so biff is covered in them :)

if there was a store where biff would sell t-shirts with hand-painted eagles or smurfs with saxon painted on the belly i would be the first who will buy that stuff :headbang:

some girls would pay any price to get a poster with a nude biff located on a white beach with a longdrink in his hand - a wonderful shore and a romantic sunset in the background.

i know two of them :tickled:

How about a naked Biff in a store on a beach selling t shirts of hand painted eagles and smurfs?

I can feel all the women getting excited as I write!!!!! :lol: