Charlie is disapointed with the Texas crowds

AlexStomp said:
I used to live in Killeen but I was too young to remember much. All I did was ride my bike and go to 3rd grade. Fuck those Texas businessmen for fucking it all up. Anthrax should have just played at Dimebag's strip club.

I would have been there with a fistful of dollars (and rubbers)

Is it just me or do the guys seem a little content to whinge too much about the state of everything that could possible affect sales / attendances??

Dont get me wrong, I love the band and every bit of music they've done, but is seems to me that so much of Anthrax's press revolves around how they've been screwed over in the past, and how this sucks and that sucks. I for one have been reading it since not long after Stomp was released, and its time it was cut out, surely.

Other bands have had it rough; look at a band like Biohazard. All their press is a lot more positive though.

Tattooedsean - I think what you say about the scene and other bands is very valid. Enjoy the gigs, and post a review!!!

LONG LIVE ANTHRAX

Is it just me or do the guys seem a little content to whinge too much about the state of everything that could possible affect sales / attendances??

I agree, I haven´t seen that many interviews where the ThraX guys whine about it. It seems us fans bitch quite a lot about it though!

Mr. Wu said:
Having Motorhead cancel + venue changes in Dallas and Killeen + the wrong date in San Antonio being advertised = not so good shows.
At least they didn't cancel like the promoters wanted. Anthrax came and kicked ass like they did in Chicago. Even with a smaller crowd. That's metal.

Exactly! I respect them for sticking with the tour like they did. It shows that they care for the fans. I definitely would have been dissapointed if they had cancelled too.

In fact, I was happy Motorhead cancelled because that meant that we would get Anthrax headlining. I just wish they had more time to promote the tour on their own.

:headbang:

lupe_m said:
Exactly! I respect them for sticking with the tour like they did. It shows that they care for the fans. I definitely would have been dissapointed if they had cancelled too.

In fact, I was happy Motorhead cancelled because that meant that we would get Anthrax headlining. I just wish they had more time to promote the tour on their own.

:headbang:
I woulda so been disappointed too...

I think it woulda done a world of good if Charlie had explained the circumstances in his posting, as Scott did. Blabbermouth cut-and-pasted it with no context (which is what they do), making it look like "oh, Anthrax are big babies" and not "hey, Anthrax dealt with Motorhead cancelling and venue changes, and made the best of it for the fans." I think it coulda been more clearly stated by Chief, for sure. Ah, the perils of instant communication...

NP: Clutch "Live at the Googolplex"

InfernalKeith said:
I think it woulda done a world of good if Charlie had explained the circumstances in his posting, as Scott did. Blabbermouth cut-and-pasted it with no context (which is what they do), making it look like "oh, Anthrax are big babies" and not "hey, Anthrax dealt with Motorhead cancelling and venue changes, and made the best of it for the fans." I think it coulda been more clearly stated by Chief, for sure. Ah, the perils of instant communication...

Why is the media so cynical sometimes??

InfernalKeith said:

You are correct, sir!
There are some not-so-happy fans over this matter. Some people think Charlie was saying that they don't have any fans in Texas, or something.
HE WAS NOT SAYING THAT! He was saying that the metal scene is not up to par.

:hotjump: So what can you say the decline of western civillization is really happinig! :yell: No metalfans in Texas...hum there all in hidding.Believe me I know! OR busybeing too trendy, to what? YOu may ask. I don't know being corprate,being repulican, or just being gay! o_O What can you do? Call radio stations and talk to clue less D.J's and program dir."Anthra...we haven't played them in about 6 or seven years." yours trully:"Can you play the single Safe home" Robot DJ:"uh..yeah lets see if I can find it"...Yeah right!!! :Spin: Oh well I tried they probably think I'm a freak by calling them and asking them to play VoiVod, Anthrax and bloodcum(j/k about the last)! So tehy play heavy shit on the radio here in Texas it's just like trendy cheese heavy!

Yeah there not playing new anthrax on the radio here in Texas...yet! just the new Metallica!-it's like that...very narrow choices of metal to choose from...it use to be really fuckin cool here,every band wanted to play...now they run the other direction...don't worry it'll get better cowboy! I'll I make sure of it! Peace :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

I agree with a couple of these posts. First, that one guy was right about the crappy TX business men who were promoting the Anthrax concert in San Antonio. The local rock station (the one that DOESN'T play Anthrax) posted the date of the concert as being on Sunday, but it was actually Friday. I had planned on checking it out after work on Sunday and I was pissed. Also, I agree with the guy that says that Anthrax shouldn't tour with old-ass bands like Motorhead, and they DEFINITELY shouldn't be opening for them. I just hope that they weren't soured on touring TX later this year, cuz I've already missed them twice, the first time being when they canceled their concert with Megadeth and Judas Priest in 2001, which woulda kicked all ass.

666makemelaugh777 said:
:hotjump: So what can you say the decline of western civillization is really happinig! :yell: No metalfans in Texas...hum there all in hidding.Believe me I know! OR busybeing too trendy, to what? YOu may ask. I don't know being corprate,being repulican, or just being gay! o_O What can you do? Call radio stations and talk to clue less D.J's and program dir."Anthra...we haven't played them in about 6 or seven years." yours trully:"Can you play the single Safe home" Robot DJ:"uh..yeah lets see if I can find it"...Yeah right!!! :Spin: Oh well I tried they probably think I'm a freak by calling them and asking them to play VoiVod, Anthrax and bloodcum(j/k about the last)! So tehy play heavy shit on the radio here in Texas it's just like trendy cheese heavy!

Yeah there not playing new anthrax on the radio here in Texas...yet! just the new Metallica!-it's like that...very narrow choices of metal to choose from...it use to be really fuckin cool here,every band wanted to play...now they run the other direction...don't worry it'll get better cowboy! I'll I make sure of it! Peace :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

Hello--am new here. I too live in San Antonio and bug the KISS FM guys. Seriously, they're still playing Candlebox--surely they can use some good, updated music!

Anyway, one of the DJ's said to me via email: "I haven't seen the CD around the office. Some bands and record companies don't even send singles or full-length albums. I haven't heard the new material yet, but I've a fair amount of good reviews. We used to play Anthrax...I believe we played a few singles from one of the early albums with John Bush." Once my husband called asking for the new 'Thrax and the DJ said no. When my husband asked why the answer was basically "Because." No valid reason, and they probably wanted to play the nightly rotation of "Unsung" by Helmet (good song, but again...how old? Nightly? Please!). I'm going to keep bugging their asses. That's the least I can do.

And is it me, or are we completely saturated with Metallica? Ugh. I'm so over this already...

Leepster said:
Hello--am new here. I too live in San Antonio and bug the KISS FM guys. Seriously, they're still playing Candlebox--surely they can use some good, updated music!

Anyway, one of the DJ's said to me via email: "I haven't seen the CD around the office. Some bands and record companies don't even send singles or full-length albums. I haven't heard the new material yet, but I've a fair amount of good reviews. We used to play Anthrax...I believe we played a few singles from one of the early albums with John Bush." Once my husband called asking for the new 'Thrax and the DJ said no. When my husband asked why the answer was basically "Because." No valid reason, and they probably wanted to play the nightly rotation of "Unsung" by Helmet (good song, but again...how old? Nightly? Please!). I'm going to keep bugging their asses. That's the least I can do.

And is it me, or are we completely saturated with Metallica? Ugh. I'm so over this already...
Radio stations suck. They played I'm The Man here once, on Ass Kickin 80's, but that's all I've ever heard from Thrax on 97 Rock.

For us San Antonio guys, why does KISS play Pantera, Mudvayne, Deftones, and Megadeth, but not Anthrax when they are all about the same heaviness? I don't get it, and the DJ's never have an answer. I requested Down a few times, and they said the music was too heavy for the radio, who the hell makes these decisions? We should go straight to "the man" in charge and bypass these out-of-touch DJs.

Dj's get told what to play also. And its not what dj's want to hear. They're supposed to play certain songs so many times an hour and there's actually something in place to keep track of what song is played, what dj says what, when, and everything. All the way down to the commercials. That's why when I win the lottery, I'll get a local station here, have friends and I run it and we'll play what we want (following fcc guidelines, of course so don't get fined and shit).

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
For us San Antonio guys, why does KISS play Pantera, Mudvayne, Deftones, and Megadeth, but not Anthrax when they are all about the same heaviness? I don't get it, and the DJ's never have an answer. I requested Down a few times, and they said the music was too heavy for the radio, who the hell makes these decisions? We should go straight to "the man" in charge and bypass these out-of-touch DJs.

Riehlthing said:
Dj's get told what to play also. And its not what dj's want to hear. They're supposed to play certain songs so many times an hour and there's actually something in place to keep track of what song is played, what dj says what, when, and everything. All the way down to the commercials. That's why when I win the lottery, I'll get a local station here, have friends and I run it and we'll play what we want (following fcc guidelines, of course so don't get fined and shit).

Yea, it's all about what they are required to play. Now KISS, when they do those Buzz Band CD's, the song lists on the album sleeves crack me up. They essentially are saying "Hey guys, these songs are worth a listen...but we haven't played them on the air. We might not either." They had "Inside Out" on one of those CDs. Gimme a break--if they're good enough for your CD, then put them in rotation.

Yes, radio sucks. Unfortunately, that is the main way to get heard (unless you wanna be on MTV...ugh). So the question is this: what do we do about this?