charlie

Sep 8, 2005
it is my firm belief that Charlie is the most underrated drummer of all times.

He has been such an inspiration to so many drummers (especially and including our drummer) over the years that it's incredible.

He has mad skills, is completely original and more creative than any other drummer I hear these days... hell.. he ranks up there in the ALL TIME most creative and original drummers in my opinion.

Why don't we see more of him in the mags and stuff?

Mr. Benante is definitely underrated! In today's climate of uber-fast death-grind drummers, a lot of people would bypass Charlie's talent for a quick fix. However, if you take the time to listen closely to exactly what Charlie does with his skins, it's enough to leave you for dead! Charlie constantly deliver jackhammer-rape during gigs, and knows how to lay down the fucking law... especially in S.O.D.

I'd love to hear Charlie do a side project Black or Death Metal band. It would really showcase his skills tenfold and probably scare fans shitless...

Tyler Durden said:
Mr. Benante is definitely underrated! In today's climate of uber-fast death-grind drummers, a lot of people would bypass Charlie's talent for a quick fix. However, if you take the time to listen closely to exactly what Charlie does with his skins, it's enough to leave you for dead! Charlie constantly deliver jackhammer-rape during gigs, and knows how to lay down the fucking law... especially in S.O.D.

I'd love to hear Charlie do a side project Black or Death Metal band. It would really showcase his skills tenfold and probably scare fans shitless...

I really love the sound he gets too. Bet it's triggered eh?

I'm too poor to get triggers for stevo. We recorded several songs witha danmar pad and the bass drums sounded magnificent. Unfortunately... they sounded better than the rest of the kit in the recordings so we didn't keep em.

The recordings we have now are just straight ahead mic'd tama grandstar customs. I think they sound pretty good for raw garage studio recording.

But man did that Danmar pad rock!

Charlie's a musical genius.
Songs like Only, Crush, Nobody Knows Anything, the list goes on and on and on. You know what I'm sayin'.:headbang:
I can't wait for the new Anthrax CD.

I am no drummer but the thing about Chaz is that his drumming is so original and different to most other drummers out there.

Thats my non technical take on it.

Kudo's to the Chief

Tyler Durden said:

Agreed Charlie is the bollox, but lets not get hung up on ultra-fast death metal drummers etc. For me the quality of drumming is not about speed but the feel and the groove. Some death metal drummers are just pure shit. Just fast and one trick wonders. Something which Benante is not.

he's definitely one of my favorite drummers and i'm glad that i own a pair of sticks signed by him. yes, i also think that he is underrated.

Underrated is an under statement. Inspired me and I've been told I play like him. My favorite drummer and one of my biggest influences. FUCKING CHARLIE BENANTE

I`m not sure if he is underrated.....I mean, in the metal field his name is always in the top 5, no matter who you ask. in my opinion he is the best.

3200 said:
it is my firm belief that Charlie is the most underrated drummer of all times.

He has been such an inspiration to so many drummers (especially and including our drummer) over the years that it's incredible.

He has mad skills, is completely original and more creative than any other drummer I hear these days... hell.. he ranks up there in the ALL TIME most creative and original drummers in my opinion.

Why don't we see more of him in the mags and stuff?

agreed