Chart Idea

Studdy

Jan 24, 2012
I've never been able to find a chart/guideline for something like this. I always thought this would help newbies and others get an idea of "common" positioning and levels. Obviously this is very vague and no two mixes are the same. But i seriously think an image like this would be very helpful for people

Here is an example of what I mean. (this is not what i do, I quickly did this as a template). I will take time to do it accurate. It would be amazing if people would chime in on this. I guess RMS level would be best.

Thanks To All.
roughchart.jpg

Thanks Man, I also thought this was a great idea.
Shading dark to light could also help identify the amount of reverb almost the depth/front to back. If that makes sense

You should check out a DVD called 'The Art of Mixing' from like the 90's coverted to DVD, is has exactly what you doing in 3D as far as placement of things in a mix by color, hight and depth. Might give you a better idea how to do the chart I rate. Let me know if you battle and ill take screen shots for you.

I was hoping to get some current charts going from more than one person, more geared towards current metal productions. Obviously these are going to be general guidelines not hard rules.

Thanks Everyone.

Nobody on this one??? Damn I thought this would be stellar information to share.