"Cheap" headphones for in the studio

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
Currently I give my headphones (Beyerdynamic DT 770) to the drummer.
The biggest thing I dislike about this is that as soon as I put it on the next it's all sticky from his sweat and hair gel. What also worries me is the volume they want me to turn the headphones up to.

So from now on I would like to have 3 or 4 affordable (cheap) headphones that will work in the live room for the musicians. Do you have any clues?

I need to by atleast 2 or 3, so I would really like to keep the costs down as soon as I can since they always treat the headphones like shit and want the volume up way to loud.

Any advice?

I would first recommend them to not wear hair gel so they don't ruin your headphones. Second of all I would look for headphones that are very isolated, not so much loud. If you have headphones with great isolation than you won't have to crank it up. With that in mind as far as cheap I always see these recommended

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-...on-headphones?source=3WWRWXGB&ktid=37-4654820

Haven't used them myself though

The Beyerdynamics are VERY isolatied! I use them live as my monitoring, that's why I'm pretty much surprised on their volume request.
I always ask them to not wear any hair gel if they want to use my headphones, but most of them ignore my request.