Recommend me some good recording headphones

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
Bleh, I need to buy some decent recording headphones so that I won't have to do this whole Koss-Spark-Plug-in-the-ears-and-protective-isolation-caps-outside-thing. It's so uncomfortable and especially for other people like singers. I want to provide them something more comfortable than a DIY solution :D

I want something that isolates pretty well but still has a decent sound. Not like the fucking Vic Firth drummer's headphones; they isolate well but sound like SHITx1000.

The BeyerDynamic DT-770 are closed but I wonder how much they isolate? Well enough for a drummer for example? I don't know.. throw me some ideas! Thanks!

I've already got DT-990 PRO for monitoring and just need something for recording, then I'm done as far as headphones are concerned. Then I'll need to buy monitors too but that's after summer... I'll have to mix on the DT-990 PRO a little while longer :)

Interesting! The HD280 Pro have gotten some ridiculously good feedback on the net from what I could see through a quick search.

I don't think I can get 2 pairs of headphones though so I will have to settle for just one pair and try to get it to be as all-round as possible. The HD280 seems to be okay for that but I'm sure there are more. More tips are welcome while I search around some more :)

Oooh this is dangerous... I'm feeling the GAS building up now while browsing through Thomann. Think I need new XLR cables too.