Suggestions for Headphones?

May 3, 2008
www.limitless-studios.com
So the right channel of my headphones is starting to cut out like every 5 minutes and I'm looking to get another pair. I'm just looking for some basic headphones that aren't too expensive (around $50 maybe) that sound good. I'm just going to be using these for everyday listening with my laptop so they don't need to be like monitoring headphones as I already have a pair of Sennheiser HD280's. So do any of you guys have any suggestions?

Really good?

Right now i run my cab in the same room i record. And i use some headphones inside of standard hearing protection....which actually works good, but the sound quality sucks as the headphones arent great.

i don't know that they're going to iso your eardrums from a cab in the same room...but i can tell you that when you slip on the 280's, any normal ambient noise you might hear is just GONE

If your budget goes up and you want to get into decent-sounding can territory, check these out: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Audio-Te...hash=item260375649565&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

I might be able to wait a little longer and stretch my budget for those. How comfortable are they because I'll be wearing them for long periods of time, and are they ISO headphones because on Sweetwater it says they isolate well but in other reviews I've read they say they don't ISO. I don't really need ISO headphones for what I'm going to be using these for so that's why I'm curious.

Yes, these are closed cans and they isolate fairly well. Just a tad worse spec-wise on isolation than HD280s, but a world beyond them acoustically. I find them quite comfortable, though the ear cushions can get a bit sweaty during prolonged sessions. For the most part it feels like strapping a PA to your head, one that happens to have good mids.