Cheapest/Best way to get your music on Spotify?

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
So, I want to be able to have my band's album on Spotify, and I've read for unisgned bands you can get a service like CDbaby or tunecore and along with itunes, amazon, etc. they'll put your music up on Spotify. Now, I'm not really interested in being in itunes or amazon because we have the digital download of the album for free/pay what you want on bandcamp, but I don't know if there's a better/cheaper way to get your music up on Spotify only, without going through tunecore or similar services? Any experience?

Yeah, some people will pay for what is normally a free product on iTunes just because they can't be arsed, better to have your tunes up there than not.

I wouldn't let them take the revenue. Sure you only get very little money from a play, but in the end I mostly get something like 15 - 20$ every month from some of my albums being streamed there.

Just did it with Record Union, the Top Dog package.

13$ for the release + 8$ for the UPC code. You get 85% royalties, if you pay 20$ more you can get 92,5% royalties.

So, for 21$ we have the full album on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody and eMusic. Will be in most of them in 1-2 weeks!

Just did it with Record Union, the Top Dog package.

13$ for the release + 8$ for the UPC code. You get 85% royalties, if you pay 20$ more you can get 92,5% royalties.

So, for 21$ we have the full album on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody and eMusic. Will be in most of them in 1-2 weeks!

Sounds like a great deal, I'm taking the same one!

Late to the party here but I just wanted to say thanks for the Record Union info. I signed up on Tuesday, and my album was on iTunes this morning. Really impressive with how easy they made it (considering I had no idea before reading this!)

For those interested: Menz - Shakedown