Check out a band i've produced. Video Release

Cool stuff all around, I just think that you could get away with a lot beefier kick, 'cause this music style really screams for it.

Dude, if you have them, can you post JSX settings/info, it sounds like you avoided it's weird mid voicing...

Weird mid-voicing? I think it sounds awesome. this is a amp which you can record with perfect mids and don't have to scoop out like 6dbs like the 5150.. :D

I can check the settings but i can say that it is 3rd channel, Bass like 12-1 o clock, Mids like 9 o clock and treble somewhere around 11 o clock.

Weird mid-voicing? I think it sounds awesome. this is a amp which you can record with perfect mids and don't have to scoop out like 6dbs like the 5150.. :D

I can check the settings but i can say that it is 3rd channel, Bass like 12-1 o clock, Mids like 9 o clock and treble somewhere around 11 o clock.

Yeah, I've got a 333xl, and noticed it sounds weird in the mids and then noticed that of course people were saying the same thing about the JSX. Many say, and I agree, that it's similar to a cocked wah sound.

Recently I did a pretty heavy preamp tube shootout and it made a HUGE difference. Earlier today, I just tried it out during my lunch break and it sounds way way way better than it used too. I didn't get any new tubes, just swapped around what I had on hand.

Just wondering if you had experienced the strange mids and if you did anything to correct for it. From my experience this amp is VERY sensitive to preamp tubes. I think it sounds great though.

^

Well with certain styles like fast picked riff then the Maxon od808 can make it sound a bit nasal because the Jsx by itself is a really tight amp. But other then that it is one of few amps i tried where you can dial in perfect mids with the knobs on the amp. Other amps i tried with great mids are the Rectifier (but is always to un-tight) and Engl Savage. Other amps have the problem you describe the Jsx has haha. Like for instance the Start of Fire sample i have on my site where first recorded with a Blackstar, which sounded really cool in the room but later on in the mix it had really strange mids going on much like you described the Jsx.

I never messed with the preamp tubes, would love to do a shootout with all kinds of difference tubes but it feels like all that is overrated as hell (just what i belive without knowing :D) like every other "OMG you have to change to this 300$ cable it improves the sound like 1000x fault" haha.

I also agree on the kick, but it doesn't bother me – just an aesthetic choice I would've personally rather gone for. What I also agree on is the ATM450's are really good on toms. I used them on the rack toms on the album I'm working on right now (and I think TLM170's on the floors) combined with bottom head mics, best tom sounds I've ever got so far! The side adress thing is cool too, no wonder people love the Josephsons e22s's too.

I really like how balanced everything is and how punchy the mids are. Probably the NS10M's at work here I guess!

Love it ! I agree so much on the kick, it feels underpowered compared to the whole rest ! I really love the guitars and the drum shells. They cut so well and feel so powerful.