check out my band Chaotech

updog

May 9, 2009
Finland
You may have heard this song in the RMM section, but I was hoping to be able to whore out some comments off this place as well :D

we've posted a song from our upcoming demo to our Myspace page, check it out... It's melodic death metal.

http://www.myspace.com/chaotechband

The song has been received pretty well thus far by the public (although it's hard to find people who comment, the people who do comment have liked it... silent acceptance?) and I just wanted to show it to you guys. A few people said the breakdowns are horrible :lol: but I never consciously wrote any. That's why we're going to make t-shirts at some point, with our logo in the front and the text "HORRIBLE BREAKDOWNS" in the back. :lol: no one will understand it, but that's not the point.

The mix of course isn't perfect, but I think it's good considering it's my first "real" mix. The song also has been composed and arranged by me, and I wrote the lyrics as well. The other songs in the demo are written by our bassist.

We're planning to take some demo promo shots with the help of a friend, putting the demo out to every possible venue and label, etc... wish us luck!

Tell me what you think and become a friend if you like it :)

I for one was terrified that I'd have to puke out my lunch if some chugging breakdown with "ROOOOO ROOOOO ROOOOO" over it came in out of nowhere to ruin the awesomeness of the song - fortunately it didn't happen, so I don't know what the people who were bitching are on about - fucking awesome stuff man, super epic! :kickass: What'd you use for the synths? One thing though - while I like the note choice for the solos, I feel like they sound a bit...strained, like you and/or the other guitarist were playing just a bit beyond your means (and the vibrato could use some work); man these are some bitchin' riffs and grooves though! :headbang: Impressive tone from TH1 too, damn; a bit overbearing in the mids, but only a touch, still has a really cool organic vibe to it :headbang:

I dig this a lot, man!

I too have suffered from the abuse of the breakdown term. Like dude's reviewing early versions of our songs telling us its weird to start a song off with a breakdown. And I'm like "IT'S NOT A FUCKING BREAKDOWN! IT'S JUST A FUCKING RIFF INTENDED FOR THE FIRST VERSE OF THE FUCKING SONG!"

I like your t-shirt idea. I want shirts that say, "DON'T CALL IT A BREAKDOWN!"

Cool song man! Digging it a lot.
And don't feel bad about the breakdown crap people throw around. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kids today mistake slower songs for just one long breakdown ;)

Good stuff man. Catchy song, mix is great. Love that bass sound too.

Thanks a lot man! I was actually having a bit of trouble with the bass tone, it's awesome to hear it sounds good now.

Does not compute ¯(°_o)/¯

but apart from that , nice mix :D

Thanks :) and yeah I meant that other people were hearing breakdowns in there, they know better than me I suppose :loco:

I, for one, love the breakdown riffz.

This rocks!! :headbang:

Thanks a lot man! Mind pointing out though, at which marks there are breakdown riffs? I seriously have no idea :err: do you mean the part when the song slows down at 01:03?

I for one was terrified that I'd have to puke out my lunch if some chugging breakdown with "ROOOOO ROOOOO ROOOOO" over it came in out of nowhere to ruin the awesomeness of the song - fortunately it didn't happen, so I don't know what the people who were bitching are on about - fucking awesome stuff man, super epic! :kickass: What'd you use for the synths? One thing though - while I like the note choice for the solos, I feel like they sound a bit...strained, like you and/or the other guitarist were playing just a bit beyond your means (and the vibrato could use some work); man these are some bitchin' riffs and grooves though! :headbang: Impressive tone from TH1 too, damn; a bit overbearing in the mids, but only a touch, still has a really cool organic vibe to it :headbang:

Thanks Marcus - it's nice to hear our music didn't make you throw up your lunch :lol:

In this song, I used Alchemy for the bell-like lead and a few other things, EWQL SC for the choirs (wasn't able to do the product justice in this song, but I'll be whoring it off a bit more in the other tunes...) Miroslav CE for some of the strings, and some of the Logic's built-in sounds like simple string-synths or some choir-sounds to fill things up a bit. I decided not to use our keyboardist's X50 because there was practically nothing in there I couldn't have used my softsynths for, and it would have been a pain in the ass.

I'm not a guitarist - the solos were played by the guitarists of my band, but I did compose them. Since I can't solo for shit myself, I tend to create impossible solos since I don't really have a clue of people's limits. Those solos might not sound amazingly hard to play, but you should have seen the original tabs before we had to make them a bit more humane :lol: also, they might have indeed been a bit strained; we've only been recording once before the sessions for this demo.

I also like what I was able to create with TH1 after all (with the help of this forum)... We basically used shitty guitars for recording (except for the solos we were able to use a guitar with 81&85) so I'm glad I was able to tweak them to actually sound like guitars...

I dig this a lot, man!

I too have suffered from the abuse of the breakdown term. Like dude's reviewing early versions of our songs telling us its weird to start a song off with a breakdown. And I'm like "IT'S NOT A FUCKING BREAKDOWN! IT'S JUST A FUCKING RIFF INTENDED FOR THE FIRST VERSE OF THE FUCKING SONG!"

I like your t-shirt idea. I want shirts that say, "DON'T CALL IT A BREAKDOWN!"

Cheers dude! Yeah I know exactly what you mean :lol: I still don't know which riff people are talking about exactly.

I actually like that shirt idea :lol: we'll have to consider it

Cool song man! Digging it a lot.
And don't feel bad about the breakdown crap people throw around. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kids today mistake slower songs for just one long breakdown ;)

hehe, that might be true. It's good to hear the song doesn't sound too awkward to you guys, since for obvious reasons, people on this forum hear metal all the time. Glad to hear you're digging it :)

We'll need to figure out a way to distribute our music a bit further, I was thinking of putting something up in Youtube. Shitloads of folk in there.

Thanks again for all the comments so far! I really appreciate it :kickass:

edit. holy long reply batman

thanks Mago btw you were great help :)

actually, it means "retirement", it's kind of an inside joke :lol: but it also fits in a way, as the song is about the end of the world :loco:

Thanks a lot man! I was actually having a bit of trouble with the bass tone, it's awesome to hear it sounds good now.

Thanks :) and yeah I meant that other people were hearing breakdowns in there, they know better than me I suppose :loco:

Thanks a lot man! Mind pointing out though, at which marks there are breakdown riffs? I seriously have no idea :err: do you mean the part when the song slows down at 01:03?

Thanks Marcus - it's nice to hear our music didn't make you throw up your lunch :lol:

In this song, I used Alchemy for the bell-like lead and a few other things, EWQL SC for the choirs (wasn't able to do the product justice in this song, but I'll be whoring it off a bit more in the other tunes...) Miroslav CE for some of the strings, and some of the Logic's built-in sounds like simple string-synths or some choir-sounds to fill things up a bit. I decided not to use our keyboardist's X50 because there was practically nothing in there I couldn't have used my softsynths for, and it would have been a pain in the ass.

I'm not a guitarist - the solos were played by the guitarists of my band, but I did compose them. Since I can't solo for shit myself, I tend to create impossible solos since I don't really have a clue of people's limits. Those solos might not sound amazingly hard to play, but you should have seen the original tabs before we had to make them a bit more humane :lol: also, they might have indeed been a bit strained; we've only been recording once before the sessions for this demo.

I also like what I was able to create with TH1 after all (with the help of this forum)... We basically used shitty guitars for recording (except for the solos we were able to use a guitar with 81&85) so I'm glad I was able to tweak them to actually sound like guitars...

Cheers dude! Yeah I know exactly what you mean :lol: I still don't know which riff people are talking about exactly.

I actually like that shirt idea :lol: we'll have to consider it

hehe, that might be true. It's good to hear the song doesn't sound too awkward to you guys, since for obvious reasons, people on this forum hear metal all the time. Glad to hear you're digging it :)

We'll need to figure out a way to distribute our music a bit further, I was thinking of putting something up in Youtube. Shitloads of folk in there.

Thanks again for all the comments so far! I really appreciate it :kickass:

edit. holy long reply batman

I do the same thing when I write tabs with solos :D

Cool song dude :kickass:

thanks Mago btw you were great help :)

actually, it means "retirement", it's kind of an inside joke :lol: but it also fits in a way, as the song is about the end of the world :loco:

You're welcome :kickass:
hahaha, ah, I see
Didn't know that you also wrote the song, good work!