check out my mix...

mbde

New Metal Member
Jul 24, 2008
hey guys, its my first post here...

so please what do you think of this recording / mix:

thanks a lot!!!

The most obvious thing is the drums. The are pretty far back in the mix. If they were more upfront and present i think this would sound killer.

The vocals are EQed to be very cutting, so i think they need to be brought down

In the guitars i would pump in some upper mids to make them a bit more aggressive

i like the song

Guitars sound too scooped or something.

Drums are the most obvious thing as already said. Snare needs some work, sounds weird, maybe mess up with the velocity or use another sample, or maybe is there too much reverb or bottom mic. There is definitely something wrong with the snare. Sounds like there's 2 snare samples at the sametime that don't match so well also.
Then you need to work on the volume of your dream elements because snare is too loud, kick is too low, and cymbals/hi-hat/ride are loud. Then your cymbals sound a bit like ass. Is it a real recording or programmed drums ?
Then your kick drum and toms sound too boxy or messy or boomy or loose or something. You need to EQ them properly to make them sound clear and punchy.

Song reminds me A LOT of Strength in Numbers ' 2005 "The Veil" album (great album).

Just my 2 cents.